• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 albianstar

albianstar
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:36 PM

nope
    sunquest is 20KG , or 44LBS total
    But i will be handing out the mugs i got at the airport and that brought me under
    Plus i am fully prepared to pay extra if need be...I have come to terms with it :)

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:41 PM

Ryan air has similar luggage restrictions. You can have 2 bags totaling 44lbs. Most flights I've taken alow 2 bags at 50 pounds each. We are taking a different airline, but many of our guest will be on Ryan Air. I'm going to warn them about the luggage weight. It shouldn't be a problem because they are only staying 3-4 nights. As the bride, I'd have trouble with it.

#13 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 02:37 PM

It is terrible. I just went to Cabo in Oct for fun and they wanted to charge $75 on US Airways for being over weight. We did some shuffling at the airport between luggage and made it work. We were only over 2lbs.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#14 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
        • 766 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:07 PM

Just got back from my vacation and Air Canada charges 50$ per suitcase if it's over weight...

You are allowed 2 suitcases per person in most airlines, why not take 2?

The reason for the weigt limit is that workers at the airposrt need to lift them up ! That is why they set a limit.

#15 MelissaH

MelissaH
          • 1,724 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:11 AM

We were very overweight with our luggage - we ended up upgrading to first class on the way there so we could have more weight (it was $10/kg for anything over whatever the limit was!!) It was going to cost us over $300 or something so we just upgraded.

But coming back first class was sold out so we just had to pay. It really sucks, but I guess that's the price we pay for having DW's :) If you think about it though if you had've shipped all that stuff you'd end up paying out the butt too so you may as well carry it with you and make sure it gets there OK.

#16 MelissaH

MelissaH
            • 1,724 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:13 AM

BTW she's right - Sunquest only allows you 20kg (44lbs) - that's the total for up to 2 pieces of luggage...not each piece separately! Pretty crappy, huh? They're total scammers! It's $7/kg for anything over!

#17 jmhein

jmhein
              • 665 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:47 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MelissaH
                BTW she's right - Sunquest only allows you 20kg (44lbs) - that's the total for up to 2 pieces of luggage...not each piece separately! Pretty crappy, huh? They're total scammers! It's $7/kg for anything over!
                AAAGH!! Damn Sunquest!! I think my suitcase alone weighs almost that much!!!
                ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#18 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:01 PM

A bag I'm taking home for Christmas is a little over 50 pounds. I hope they don't charge me. I am going to try to take some stuff out of it & cram it in Mike's bag. We are flying 2 computers home for our dads. Along with all the gifts & a bridesmaid dress it's hard to fit everything & stay under the weight. Oh, & I always overpack.

#19 christenew

christenew
                  • 325 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:53 PM

Does anyone know with sunquest how it works for your dress? I would like to take mine on the plane, but does that count towards your limit?

#20 Martha

Martha
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,906 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Morgan
                      Ryan air has similar luggage restrictions. You can have 2 bags totaling 44lbs. Most flights I've taken alow 2 bags at 50 pounds each. We are taking a different airline, but many of our guest will be on Ryan Air. I'm going to warn them about the luggage weight. It shouldn't be a problem because they are only staying 3-4 nights. As the bride, I'd have trouble with it.

OMG...We are flying Ryan. Guess I need to get the pricing on overage. There is NO way I can stay under this weight limit!!! UGH!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users