UPDATE on "New Charges by Sandals"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 meandpaul

meandpaul
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

Date: December 12, 2007

After careful consideration and effective immediately, Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts, Royal Plantation & Negril Gardens will eliminate its recent energy surcharge. “No one disputes the very real challenge of meeting escalating energy costs says Gordon “Butch” Stewart, chairman of Sandals Resorts, “but we respect and highly value the opinion of our travel partners who are on the consumer front lines. We always want to do what is in their best interest and therefore after much discussion with them, we feel that now is not the time to enact this new policy.”

According to Stewart, Sandals Resorts will rely further on its award-winning and ongoing sustainable tourism efforts to reduce energy use across all of its resorts.

“Our organization is extremely proud of the level of environmental commitment throughout the Caribbean, said Stewart. All Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts are Green Globe Certified by the Caribbean Alliance of Sustainable Tourism and continue to garner international accolades including having several resorts honored with The Green Hotel of the Year Award at the annual American Express Caribbean Environmental awards. Most recently, Sandals Resorts was also recognized by Conde Nast Traveler in the magazines first World Savers Awards.

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:34 PM

That's great news, thanks for letting us know! Especially since I'm going to Sandals for my honeymoon!

#3 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:36 PM

I'm assuming they probably got a LOT of negative feedback saying the new charge was totally BS! lol. I'm glad they came to their senses.
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#4 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
        • 716 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:46 PM

Me too! Great news!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users