Sign in to follow this  
Alyssa

Dog Communicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyK View Post
I should really call this lady and find out why my dog feels the need to eat my entire house to the ground lol
Good to know it's not just me that has to deal with this!

here is a small list of some things my dog likes to destory:

-high heels...to date, about 12 pairs
-my Chi hair straightener
-Books
-Magazines
-Toothbrushes and toothpaste
-Babypowder (exploded the container all over our place...we came home to a cloud of white powder everywhere!)
-iMac Mouse
-Socks & underwear

I could go on and on! Each time he eats something, we make sure it's hidden away somewhere from now on, but then the next time he feels like eating something, he finds something new....so frustrating! Our place is tiny and we're running out of room to put things away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Heather View Post
Good to know it's not just me that has to deal with this!

here is a small list of some things my dog likes to destory:

-high heels...to date, about 12 pairs
-my Chi hair straightener
-Books
-Magazines
-Toothbrushes and toothpaste
-Babypowder (exploded the container all over our place...we came home to a cloud of white powder everywhere!)
-iMac Mouse
-Socks & underwear

I could go on and on! Each time he eats something, we make sure it's hidden away somewhere from now on, but then the next time he feels like eating something, he finds something new....so frustrating! Our place is tiny and we're running out of room to put things away!
My dog has destroyed my couches (one couch looks like it's melting thanks to him lol) all of my wooden furniture in my living room (2 tables & a coffee table) and he's eaten the corners of walls throughout my house. He's also eaten my ATM card, my Coach wallet, a bunch of shoes and flip flops, every pillow in my house has been de-stuffed by him, destroyed 3 rugs (one we actually had to just take out completely and put tile down instead)

the list can go on too haha

Our dog did that too until we decided to kennel him while we are gone. He seems ok with it too. We always give him a treat and when we tell him to kennel up he runs in and sits waiting for his treat.

I hope Dawn can help you guys with this problem. I don't want to always kennel him, but we HAD to. He ate my DH's grandmothers dining chairs (something he received when she passed) and too many other objects to name.

I have heard about this and often wondered about it. It would be fun, and neat to try I think. I bet you Sheeba (dog) would tell Dawn that she hates my cats and thats why she corners them and sometimes don't let them out of the bathroom. I'm gonna see if Joe wants to do this! hahahah thanks for the info.

I had my consultation with Dawn last Friday and forgot to post about it. She couldn't help solve my problem with Button. She did offer some cause for it that made sense, but she couldn't give me a solution because it was out of her hands. So i'm going to contact my vet and Dawn had recommended a training method that may help so i'm looking into that too. It was an interesting experience and worth it.