Sign in to follow this  
-Kate-

WW Cookbook

Hey ladies!

I just got the "Complete" WW cookbook at Costco today. If anyone is looking for a recipe for a particular food let me know and I'll look it up. The book seriously has every basic food you could want plus points. I'll post whatever you guys request!

I think I'll be the taste-tester for the recipes in the cookbook. Tonight Brett made the Beef Barley soup from WW - it was good. Great when you want a hearty soup on a cold winter night - and not too hard to make!

Please post it up! I don't eactually eat beef but I LOVE soup and I can pretty much de-meat almost all receipes since there are so many great substitutes out there these days.

I tend to lean more toward the savory snacks, although if you've got something sweet that's not to be missed, I'm all for it!

I owe you guys an apology for not posting those recipes yet! I got swamped at work and had a baby shower and xmas party today. Tomorrow is a dedicated wedding day though so I'll post the recipes then for sure. Sorry!

No worries! Nothing on this forum should be obligatory or pressured :) If you get around to it cool, if it takes awhile- I'm sure we'll survivesmile78.gif

Here is the beef barley soup recipe:

10 oz round steak cut into 1 inch cubes

1/2 cup pearl barley

5 c water

2 carrots - chopped

1 onion - chopped

2 celery stalks - chopped

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp fennel seeds (optional)

1/8 tsp pepper

1 cup thawed frozed baby lima beans

1 cup sliced mushrooms

1) Large saucepan, combine meat, barley, water; bring to boil. Skim off foam, then add carrots, onion, celery, salt, fennel seeds, pepper; bring back to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 45 minutes

2) Stir in lima beans and mushrooms; cook covered until meat tender - about 15 minutes.

Serving: 1/4 cup

Per serving: 5 points