Photo

Anyone looking for A DJ for their Wedding??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rhea13

Rhea13
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:40 PM

Hi All,

If anyone is looking for a DJ for their wedding. I highly recommend Franciso (Paco) Davila. He did an awesome job at my wedding. He showed up on time and was very professional. He was very good on getting back to me on any questions I had via email. You can also find him at Mango Deck Restaurant. His price was very reasonable and he even referred me to a guitarist name Aidan Mijares who did a awesome job at the ceremony. Aidan Mijares only charges $200 for an hour vs. DREAMS charges $350 & up for guitarist or TRIOS Band. So we save a few bucks.

To contact Franciso Davila, please email at mister_davila@hotmail.com.

Cheers
    Rhea

#2 miagirl

miagirl
    • 23 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:20 AM

Hi Rhea!

Thanks so much for the recommendation...what kind of music does Paco play?

Thank you!
      Mia

#3 Rhea13

Rhea13
      • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:31 AM

Hi Mia,

Paco plays all kinds of music. From 70's, 80's, Disco, salsa, Rock & Roll, hip hop, R & B, R & B Classic, Meringue, Alternative, Slow Jams etc......

What's great about Paco is that he will send you a demo of music via email. Also, if you send him a list of music you'd like hear at your wedding. (i.e First dance, father & daughter dance, dinner reception, etc)... That would be helpful.

Paco is a great guy, very easy to work with & very good on responding on emails.

Cheers,
        Rhea

#4 sandyroo

sandyroo
        • 72 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:47 PM

Thanks for the info. I am trying to figure out whether to get a DJ or just rent speakers and use an iPod. Seems pretty pricy to just set up speakers at Dreams. If you have your ceremony and reception in two locations you get charged twice for the set up fee which is $200, so you pay $400 for just speakers and you have to have someone run your iPod. If I can find a DJ for not much more, I'd like to go that route. How much does Paco charge?

#5 miagirl

miagirl
          • 23 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:35 PM

Thanks again for the info, Rhea!

#6 Rhea13

Rhea13
            • 15 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:47 AM

Hi Sandyroo,

Paco charged us $150 an hour. We used him for 4 hours.

We to, were going to bring an ipod & laptop but then I starting stressing about who will be running the music.... I didn't want to ask or inconvience my family or friends. They were there to celebrate & party...lol!!! AND I found out Dreams fee for speakers rental & set up. We just decided to hire a DJ. It worked out so much better.

As for your ceremony, i recommend you hire a guitarist. That is what we did. Paco referred us to his friend Aidan Mijares who is a guitarist. He charged us $200 an hour (an hour is all you need). He'll play when your guest arrive, after the ceremony thru beginning of the cocktail hour.
              It was so romantic. ALL our guest was in aaawww... Aidan was amazing. It was worth it!!

Dreams Entertaiment price list are pretty pricey. (TRIOS Band $450 an hour, Guitarist $325 or $350, Harpist & Guitarist $375... etc.)

Hope this helps

P.S. Below is Aidan picture

Click the image to open in full size.

#7 destinationcabo

destinationcabo
              • 74 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

Thank you so much for the information. I'm quite please to see the prices for these recommendations! We are getting sooo close to our budget already, I was putting off looking for a dj, but you just made it easy!

#8 Dj Mijares

Dj Mijares
                • Banned
                • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

Hello,

I am glad you liked my guitar service, I usually do it on ceremonies, cocktail hours, or even dinners, I even have a live band to play for party time people enjoy it a lot, with out mentioning that my main priority is being a DJ I have a special package for people that hire my service as DJ and Guitarist.

In case you have any doubts or comments please feel free to send them to djmijaress@prodigy.net.mx aamijaress@hotmail.com or you can check my website .J Mijares:. Dj Music, Guitar Performing, Los Cabos M©xico.

#9 cessyboston

cessyboston
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,096 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

hi....i am so interested in a guitarist donnie and i are getting married Oct 12,2008 at dreams los cabos we just emailed you
                    thanks erica
                    Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#10 Dj Mijares

Dj Mijares
                    • Banned
                    • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:50 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cessyboston
                      hi....i am so interested in a guitarist donnie and i are getting married Oct 12,2008 at dreams los cabos we just emailed you
                      thanks erica
                      Thank you Erica,
                      I will check my emails and get back to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users