suzanne morel

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:55 PM

hi girls,

I know many threads have been listed about suzzane morell. I booked her for hair and makeup and a trial and now im thinking this is too much because its costing close to 450 (w/ tip and tax). Regardless, this is too much. I would appreciate any feedback on her services and whether or not you ladies think a trial is mandatory.

Also, I have long hair and I want to wear it down with only a little pulled up in the front,,,,,im having a hard time finding pics...I would appreciate any hair ideas too.

thanks for helping
    Anthony & Angela
    19 June 2008

#2 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:10 PM

I'm not sure whether or not I want to do a trial either. There is one thread where a few brides have mentioned they never had a hair trial and were happy with the outcome. I think her services are trustworthy; maybe just book the appointment early enough so you can thoroughly explain what you want done.

Here's the thread with the best/most responses: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t3612
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:45 PM

I wouldn't want to do a trial just because I don't want to spend vacation time getting my hair done. Some people had trials done at a local place & then took pictures for the stylist to recreate.

#4 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:37 PM

I used Suzanne Morel. I did the hair & make up trial the day of our welcome dinner. They changed it up before I left so I didn't look like I would on my wedding day. So, in addition to having peace of mind about how things would go for the wedding day, I got the added value of special hair & makup for a pre-wedding event.

I don't know, it depends on how much of a controller you are :) I would say that Suzanne's staff will do an excellent job for you, trial or no trial. I think you can definitely do without it, if your brain will allow you to do that. For me, I needed the extra assurance. Mostly because I have very fine, thin hair...but you have long thick beautiful hair, so maybe you don't need to worry.

Bottom line - you can definitely do without the trial if it's not in your budget.

#5 Leia78

• VIP Member
          • 2,459 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:41 PM

She's pricey...but everyone who used her loved how they looked. Another salon, Mex Sun had good reviews. I think cheese diva used them and her hair and makeup turned out beautiful too. I was considering them as well.

#6 fogdog

• 170 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:37 AM

I used Suzanne Morel and did not do a trial, mainly for the reason above - I did not want to spend my vacation time this way. That said, I did not have very strong opinions about anything so was ready to go with whatever they thought would look good, meaning, I had not been dreaming about a particular hair style. I had a very clear photo of the hair and makeup I wanted and was amazed by how exactly they reproduced both.
              So, I think if you're willing to be flexible, have good photos, and feel like you'll be able to speak up about what you like/don't, you should have no problem going without a trial.
              A final thought - I thought they were expensive but worth every penny.
              Bridget and Brian
              Los Cabos 11/17/07

#7 EDYTA

• 1,277 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:52 AM

I also used SM and did a trial and so glad I did just because my hairstyle was so complex and took a long time to do that the way they did at the trial I didn't like so much and they changed it up for the wedding day and I absolutely loved it, yes it's a ton of money but in my o[inion it was worth it and everyone loved my hair so I was superhappy bout that

If you are ust getting a very simple hairstlye then maybe I wouldn't recommend getting a trial

#8 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:42 PM

thanks girls, that helps. I think my fiance just doesnt understand how expensive looking good can be...he was concerned when he saw the price. But beauty costs right

Anthony & Angela
                  19 June 2008

#9 -Kate-

• VIP Member
                  • 7,676 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

I'm doing a trial before the welcome dinner - like Christa did. I'm way too OCD to not do a trial. Also, I have REALLY thick hair and I want to make sure the style I pick holds up well. A lot of stylists don't know what to do with this much hair!

Quick question: For those of you that did the trial, do you have directions to her salon

#10 cessyboston

• VIP Member
                    • 2,096 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:21 PM

it was super easy....it was right off the main highway and it is behind office depot we took a taxi....they should know sorry i do knot have the exact address..
                      Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users