*Casey*
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:40 PM

anytime

#222 serrill2

serrill2
    • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:53 AM

We are getting married February 4, 2009 at the Riu Jalisco, in Puerto Vallarta. After going through every romantic song I could find, I decided on "Come Away with Me" by Norah Jones. I think its really beautiful and fits with our wedding perfectly

#223 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

Some very great choices here!! FI and I are HUGE Dave Matthews Band fans! So it is only fitting that we have a DMB song as the first one we dance to as man & wife! We picked Steady as We Go - I love the words & the melody!

We will be dancing our first dance on the clifftop where the wedding gazebo is immediately after the ceremony.

I'm going to try & post the pics!!! Here goes...

Click the image to open in full size.
        Click the image to open in full size.

YAY!!!

#224 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:29 AM

holy crap that's insanely gorgeous! where is bachata?

#225 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:56 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mummergirl
            holy crap that's insanely gorgeous! where is bachata?
            It's in Puerta Plata, DR.
            It is one of three in the RIU complex there. You stay at 1 & play at 3!!! And it's pretty inexpensive! Also, they have a wedding package for free (if you book 5 rooms w/ 10 guests) - but you are still responsible for the judges fees (560 - 610 for the clifftop gazebo!).
            If you want more info PM me - I don't want to take over this thread!!

#226 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

Anyone thought of using, "I Could Not Ask For More" by Sara Evans?

#227 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:36 AM

we decided on the pogues "love you til the end" back when we were still doing an at home wedding and tom was wearing a kilt, LOL. seems ages ago! so much has changed since then! anyway, we don't agree on much music-wise, so i went for a song by an irish band that was also in the end of a hockey movie (mystery alaska), and he actually went for it!

now i kinda wish it was aqualung "brighter than sunshine" ... fits the destination wedding better. don't know if i should bother trying to change what took us so long to agree on in the first place though, ya know?

i found a lot of songs i like ... i'll probably use them for pre-ceremony music and dinner music.

#228 trophywife

trophywife
                • 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

Our first dance as husband and wife is going to be "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. So much sentimental meaning to us. However DF did tell me he was going to sing it to me while playing the piano (Or guitar! He hasn't chosen yet!!). So I don't know how we're going to dance to it or sing to it quiet yet.. LOL!!

#229 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:08 AM

WOW...I wish I had a FI who could sing and play an instrument!! (or even dance for that matter!!! lol)
                    Maybe you could have him sing/play this song as a "special" song and dance to another one...its your wedding, you can do what you want!!

#230 KatyKo

KatyKo
                    • 851 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:11 AM

I haven't figure this one out yet...we will be doing our "1st dance" at our AHR, since we won't have a formal reception at our DW. We are doing a rustic, country theme and it always makes me think of Hope Floats, so I looked up the movie and Sandra and Harry danced to Garth Brooks' "Make you Feel my Love" which is a beautiful song.

Not sure yet...FI and I want to have an awesome song to dance to as we are competing with our friends that got married last who danced to an off the wall song and did a funny dance.

Maybe we will do something like this couple...how fun would that be? (This is a link to a video with sound...in case you are at work!!)
                      Wedding dance off - First dance evolves into a brief history - on Bore Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users