Alterations

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NHPT

NHPT
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:03 PM

I know I have a long time until my June wedding- but i was wondering
    1) when did you start (or plan on beginning) wedding dress alterations?
    2) how many fittings did you have to have?
    3) about how much did it cost?
    4) any tips ?
    THANKS GIRLIES!!!!!!!!!!
    Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

hi nicole,

my wedding was the end of may and i bought my dress in february and it took 3 months to get the dress...i had my first fitting beggining of may.

i had 3 fittings total after i got my dress.

i picked up my dress 2 days before the wedding...i was cutting it really close.

tips:
    • bring the shoes you will wear if you can but if not one with same heel height.
    • take pics with veil, w/o veil, hair up, hair down.
    • have them sew in built in bra/cups...so much easier.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:34 PM

only about 4-5 weeks before the wedding, but it ALMOST fit in the first place

only 1!

$200 (for hem, taking in shoulders, and making the bustle)

4) any tips ?

find a good person, go earlier if you need more alterations, later if you need fewer, and wear the shoes/undergarments you plan to wear that day. I found it to be pretty painless overall, really.

#4 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by NHPT
        I know I have a long time until my June wedding- but i was wondering
        4) any tips ?
        THANKS GIRLIES!!!!!!!!!!
        Great question! I've been thinking that I should contact a seamstress ASAP and get her opinion, and inquire as to her schedule. In general, I plan to start the alteration process mid-January for our mid-March wedding. I don't think there is much to do - bring in the bodice & make the bustle. But I certainly don't want to be stressing about getting my dress back in time -so many other things to worry about!

#5 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:04 PM

Hmm I was planning on setting up my first appointment in March for our June wedding, the hem is perfect right now so all I need done is the sides taken in some and the chest area.. (unfortunitly I don't fill that area out.. lol)

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:09 PM

So, FYI, I contacted the woman who will be doing my alterations. She said we should start one month prior to the wedding date. She is not taking on a lot of new business right now, so that may be a shorter time frame than other seamstresses....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users