20 replies to this topic

#11 LadyP

LadyP
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:22 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
    Get It!!!!!!!
    Yes I notice the shipping. It is more than the dress.

#12 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
    • VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:52 AM

OK Im the only one who said to wait. I think if you are seriously trying to lose 20lbs then its best to wait because the alterations are super exspensive, so the less the better! So in the long run buying it to your size when you are ready would probablly end up being cheaper. Make sense?

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RaydensMama
        OK Im the only one who said to wait. I think if you are seriously trying to lose 20lbs then its best to wait because the alterations are super exspensive, so the less the better! So in the long run buying it to your size when you are ready would probablly end up being cheaper. Make sense?
        I agree. $49 + $89 shipping then add in expensive alterations. It's no longer a steal for a dress. And it doesn't look like there is any risk of it not being available later.

#14 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          I agree. $49 + $89 shipping then add in expensive alterations. It's no longer a steal for a dress. And it doesn't look like there is any risk of it not being available later.
          The difference in price is what is prompting me to do it now. Later the dress is 89.00 plus 89.00 for shipping. It is not that much but it is half now. It really is not that serious but I love the dress

#15 Carolena7

Carolena7
          • 785 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:51 PM

I say get it now

#16 Leticia

Leticia
            • 259 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

it's nice!!

#17 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:24 PM

Catherine, I am going to be totally honest here and I hope you are not offended and you can take my advice with a grain of salt, but coming from someone who had three dresses and went through a lot of visits to the bridal shop for a dress.
              I say that even though that dress is beautiful, that is not a dress I can see you in. Its not a dress for your body type. Mermaid style is not made for women with curves. I tried on one and was shocked at how much bigger it made me look. Also the smooth satin shows everything, you really need to go try on dresses and find the style you like and then buy based off the type of dress that fits your body type best.
              By no means do you need to lose weight but you have to feel beautiful on your wedding day and the best way to do that is find a dress that fits you and who you are.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#18 LadyP

LadyP
              • 3,156 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:24 AM

I Got The Dress

#19 Saraha

Saraha
                • 2,597 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

Hopefully Im not too late, But I def say get it now. If anything it will give you more of an incentive to lose weight :o) Thats what Im doing atleast!

#20 Dbell

Dbell
                  • 455 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:36 PM

Wow....that is a beautiful dress, but I never considered Christine's feedback. I agree that if you shopped around and finally found a dress that you like, then you should get it (Congratulations!). You will be kicking yourself if you want it later and it's not there.

The way I see it, you get it and try it on and it does not fit the way you want it, you can always resell it on Ebay!

Can't wait to see how you look in it. Send pics...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users