Photo

How long have you and your husband / fiance been together?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:57 PM

Oh wow, very close. Have you started you dress shopping yet?

#22 carolj

carolj
    • 19 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TAMMYM
      Oh wow, very close. Have you started you dress shopping yet?
      No, but I was thinking of starting tomorrow. My mom is in town for a couple of days (from Massachusetts), so it would be a good chance for us to do those sorts of things that I won't get to do with her very often because she lives so far away.

Any bridal shop suggestions? I was thinking of starting with Betsy's Bridal Couture, mostly because they have several of the designers that I like, and they're close.

OK, way OT here - sorry gals!

#23 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:14 PM

Well I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has taken breaks & also that hasn't told anyone about the engagement yet!

Steve & I met 11 years ago, we were friends for awhile, we were together for a couple years, we have a daughter together, some tragic things happened in his life & we split up. We started spending time together again in January of this year and were got back together around Valentines day.

He bought me a ring so that he could propose to me when we were in the bahamas in september, but wants to get me a bigger diamond, so we're waiting to tell everyone, so planning the wedding without being able to talk to my friends is tough! But I will have my ring in the next week or two and all will be well and then we can tell everyone, its so hard keeping my mouth shut!

#24 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:22 PM

My FI and I met on feb 2005 at work.. we started cassualy dating but then broke up and then went back a year ago,. so officially we have only a year..

#25 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
          • 1,430 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

My FI and I met in Cleveland in June of 2004. He lived in Chicago and we did the long distant thing, that sucked! We broke up for about 2 months in between there. He never gave up and we got back together! I moved to Chicago Sept of 2005 and he proposed on March 15 2006. I'm so excited and I can't wait to marry Him.

congrats Carol btw!!!

#26 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:06 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Natalie M
              My FI and I met in Cleveland in June of 2004. He lived in Chicago and we did the long distant thing, that sucked! We broke up for about 2 months in between there. He never gave up and we got back together! I moved to Chicago Sept of 2005 and he proposed on March 15 2006. I'm so excited and I can't wait to marry Him.

congrats Carol btw!!!
              Natalie - you and I are so similar, it's scary! Paul and I did the long distance thing for a while, we started dating in June 2003 (so close). I moved to Chicago to be with him at the end of Aug 2005. And we live just a couple blocks apart!

#27 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
              • 1,430 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by akh
                Natalie - you and I are so similar, it's scary! Paul and I did the long distance thing for a while, we started dating in June 2003 (so close). I moved to Chicago to be with him at the end of Aug 2005. And we live just a couple blocks apart!
                That is so funny! We have to meet soon!!!

#28 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:06 PM

You weren't at Macy's on State St. last week (Wed. I think), were you?

#29 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
                  • 550 posts
                  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
                  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:08 PM

Our first date was 3/13/1992 - 14 years ago... We had breaks in there, and have been really together since 1999.
                  Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
                  June 23, 2007
                  Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
                  Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#30 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                  • 1,430 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:10 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by akh
                    You weren't at Macy's on State St. last week (Wed. I think), were you?
                    no i wish i was!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users