Dress/Ceremony Question..please help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lillie09

• 114 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:07 PM

So I'm getting married in Church back home in June of 09. We are only having immediate family. About 25 people. We are having a full mass, walking down the aisle etc. No limos, no photographer, no big reception (obviously) I just wanted to have a Catholic Blessing. Afterwords we are all going to a restaurant or my Aunt volunteered to have a small get together at her house for dinner.

I'm getting married in Turks and Caicos in July 09. Photographer, videographer, cocktail hour, reception etc. I consider this my real wedding. We're having around 50 people.

My question is do i wear my wedding dress (the one i am going to wear for my island wedding) to the Catholic ceremony? Do i buy just a simple white dress for the Catholic at home ceremony? MY Wedding dress is going to be trumpet style and simple enough but I'm not sure if i would look ridiculous wearing that for a very small ceremony and celebration. What do i do
    Sorry this is so long!

#2 bride_2_b08

• 244 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:19 PM

Personally I would buy a simple white dress for the home ceremony. I wouldnt want my FI to see "the dress" until the one I consider to be the real ceremony. But this is just my opinion. It depends on what you want and what your budget is.

#3 Lillie09

• 114 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:24 PM

Thank you for your reply! I was thinking the same thing. I really don't want my FH to see me in THE wedding dress only to take it off 2 hours later because I will either be in a restaurant or at my aunts house. I'm so confused.

#4 Christine

• VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:45 PM

If you are doing your church ceremony before you leave, don't wear your dress because then it ruins it for your beach ceremony. I say get another dress, why not get a dress you can wear for a ttd session?
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

I agree.. just get a more simple white dress for your church ceremony and keep "the dress" for your beach wedding.. there are lots of cheap dresses on ebay.. I'm sure you could find something that wouldn't stretch your budget :)

#6 bride_2_b08

• 244 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:55 PM

yes there are a ton of great dress on ebay that are really cheap. I got my TTD and rehearsal dinner dress from there.

#7 Lillie09

• 114 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:25 AM

Everyone at my Church ceremony are also going to be at my DW. I think I'll be getting a simple cheaper dress for the Church. Thank you all for your help! I appreciate it!

#8 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:19 PM

I also had a simple church ceremony before leaving with only our children and Everton's brother (his best man). We had no flowers, no isle walk, it was really intimate and very moving. We took the kids out for dinner after then went home to finish packing for our 3 am flight to the DR. I wore a simple white sun dress, it felt appropriate and it didn't ruin any surprises at our real ceremony in the DR.
                Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users