Putting Prices On Website?

2017 Brides

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AliciaW

AliciaW
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:44 PM

I have just got my group quotes from my travel agent and have done up my website. I was going to do save the dates but with my group booking, deposits have to be in by August.12 so I'm thinking giving everyone my website asap with the details is best then I can send out save the dates or invitations. I'm just wondering if I should put all the prices on my website or not? I have put all the info about what's included in the package, and my travel agents info and that a deposit of $250 has to be paid by August.12 then the full payment in Jan 2017, and to contact my travel agent for prices. Is that enough? Or is putting prices in my website better?
    Thanks so much for your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 cruisebride2016

cruisebride2016
    • 119 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 13, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Jamaica during Western Caribbean Cruise
    • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:29 PM

@AliciaW I think it would be best to put the prices on the website. People will want to know the price before they put down a deposit. There is no reason to require them to contact the travel agent when you have all the info and could post it.

event.png

#3 LeanneP

LeanneP
    • 28 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 7, 2017
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya, Mexico
    • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:25 AM

I agree with Cruisebride. We put all the prices on our website so that it would be really easy for our guests. We had alot of compliments on our site and I think our guests appreciated the effort we put forth for them. If you don't provide the pricing info, they'll probably end up calling you and I'm sure you have a million other things you need to do!

#4 scadeau

scadeau
    • 25 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 19, 2017
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:31 AM

I think putting prices on your wedding website would be best :) Guests will want to know the total cost of the trip before committing to come because not everyone can afford to attend destination weddings. Of course the travel agent can answer questions, but it better to give guests information if you have it on hand.

#5 AliciaW

AliciaW
    • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:57 AM

Thanks everyone! I was thinking it would make it easier but wasn't sure if it was proper etiquette. I'm sending out the the website today so I will be putting the prices on before I send it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 LeanneP

LeanneP
      • 28 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 7, 2017
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya, Mexico
      • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

LOL - I think wedding websites are too new for the etiquette writers. It's still uncharted territory.

#7 DreamArtPhotography

DreamArtPhotography
      • Vendor
      • 45 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:10 AM

Yes please, prices on!

#8 WeddingDayStory

WeddingDayStory
        • Insiders
        • 33 posts
          • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico. Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Samaná, Dominican Republic.

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

Agreed ---if you set everyone's expectations from the start, you can't go wrong!

Best of luck  :D

WeddingDayStory Photo & Video

Celebrating the Simple Romance of Weddings in the Sun

·····································································································

home-icon_zpszd48sned.png?t=1448827209 Visit Our Website

facebook_circle_color-20.png Like us on Facebook for daily #BeachWeddingTips & Inspiration!

UberCons_SocialPack_Instagram-20.png WeddingDayStory's Instagram

twitter_circle_color-20.png Follow Us on Twitter

Transparent-Pinterest-Logo-Icon-660x660_ Follow Our Pinterest Boards For Destination Wedding Inspiration

WW_zpssx812lgw.png?t=1448898098Read Our #WeddingDayStoryCouples Rave

linkedin_zpsji7hbqld.png Find Us on Linkedin

Office (MX): +52 984 148 8653  ·  Skype: WeddingDayStoryPhotoVideo

Latest on the blog! Adventurous & Unique Riviera Maya Wedding Ideas

Best Etsy Wedding Shops For Beach Wedding Goodies

Firma_zpsl6xjfcjx.jpg

info@weddingdaystory.com www.weddingdaystory.com/blog

#9 acw271011

acw271011
          • Moderators
          • 3,128 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
          • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
          • LocationToronto Area

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:44 AM

I'm going to agree with everyone. Putting as much information on your website for your guests as possible I think is always a good thing. It spells out for them what they can expect and will allow people to make informed decisions.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users