2017 Brides Dominican Republic Resorts & Hotels Caribbean

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kcespedes

Kcespedes
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

Hi Everyone. 

I recently got engaged and am looking to get married in the Dominican Republic. Both my fiance and I are of Dominican background and having the wedding there would just be amazing since our families living in the Dominican would be able to attend. 

I have been looking at Now and Dreams resorts in Punta Cana. I also have looked at JellyFish and Huracan restaurants. I am so lost! I have no idea where to start. 

I was wondering if anyone here is using any of these venues? Maybe you can help me go in the right direction. We plan on getting married August 2017. 

also, Is anyone here a UVC member? My fiance and I got a membership and were wondering if they offer any further discounts for any of the AM resorts. 

Any information from anyone would be extremely helpful! 

Thanks in advance and happy planning! 

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

Hola Kcespedes, welcome to our forum community, and Congrats on your recent engagement and planning a destination wedding in the DR next year!!!

You'll find lots of wonderful info here that's sure to help with your questions, so well done on a good start already! You'll see lots of newbies start off feeling confused and overwhelmed, so you're in good company :)  You'll also see brides suggesting a good starting point is with a TA who can help narrow down your choices, with info on options and packages.

Wishing you happy research, and that you ENJOY the journey ahead - cheers!!!

Moments That Matter Photography

.....we'll leave you with some beautiful beach wedding scenes of those magical "moments that matter" we've captured in our romantic Riviera Maya Resorts - enjoy!

from the beautiful Beloved Hotel Wedding Story:

e89d55_1c8fdc4b237c49529e5aea1f36dbc247.

from the exceptional Excellence Riviera Cancun Wedding Story Album:

e89d55_2f11e451351848e8b0870c58285986a9.

from a magical Cenote Trash The Dress Session:

e89d55_b7092ec973f7490da78c089896185941.

Edited by Moments That Matter, 12 June 2016 - 10:59 AM.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
      • 603 posts
        • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:48 AM

Hi Everyone. 

I recently got engaged and am looking to get married in the Dominican Republic. Both my fiance and I are of Dominican background and having the wedding there would just be amazing since our families living in the Dominican would be able to attend. 

I have been looking at Now and Dreams resorts in Punta Cana. I also have looked at JellyFish and Huracan restaurants. I am so lost! I have no idea where to start. 

I was wondering if anyone here is using any of these venues? Maybe you can help me go in the right direction. We plan on getting married August 2017. 

also, Is anyone here a UVC member? My fiance and I got a membership and were wondering if they offer any further discounts for any of the AM resorts. 

Any information from anyone would be extremely helpful! 

Thanks in advance and happy planning! 

@Kcespedes Congrats on your engagement,

The best place to start is to get a professional involved . If you ended up with the resort wedding. then contact a TA. So they can assist you with group logistics.  If your wedding is at the private location then look for a wedding planner.  

You already have one thing figured out the destination.   have you decided on your budget yet? also what is the estimation on the guests number?

Happy Planning!

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
        weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
        http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
        Joyce

#4 Mangosong

Mangosong
        • 170 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 20, 2017
        • Wedding Location:Costa Rica!
        • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:10 PM

@Kcespedes Hi! Welcome and congrats! The first thing I would suggest is a budget and a guest list!

After deciding on a budget and guest list, deciding on location, I contacted the hotel directly and got in contact with the wedding coordinator. Fi and I had already decided on a date, so after locking down our date/deposit, I got my travel agent, and she the one to negotiate my room block. 

Edited by Mangosong, 04 July 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#5 maitte28

maitte28
        • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

Hi

Contact at heaventourstravel@yahoo.com 404-647-1009

They can help you.

#6 kcole123

kcole123
          • 850 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
          • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:30 PM

HI there,

Welcome to this site. I haven't been on here in a long time. My husband and I got married April 17, 2015 in Dominican Republic at Melia Caribe Tropical. The ladies on this site will be very helpful to you as they all have helped me so much in my decisions. I, like you, had no idea where to even start. 

Congratulations and best wishes to you and your fiance.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users