#31 tiffanyt

tiffanyt
  • 107 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 23, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:39 AM

Hi @jessgar86,

are you getting married in Cancun or Jamaica? I went to the Jamaica location in March for the big day preview and loved it. But if you're getting married in Cancun the rates are a little different, there's another thread for that resort.

#32 CoolSmile

CoolSmile
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

You all so lovely  :wub:

Edited by CoolSmile, 16 August 2016 - 07:05 AM.

#33 tiffanyt

tiffanyt
    • 107 posts
    • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

Hi ladies,

Anyone hearing concerns or complaints about the fee our guests have to pay to attend the wedding if they are not staying at the resort?

#34 Mzt247

Mzt247
    • 4 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 25, 2017
    • Wedding Location:Hyatt Ziva Jamaica

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:42 PM

Anyone else using outside vendors for flowers, dance floor/decor etc? Any suggestions?

#35 Kcusack89

Kcusack89
    • 28 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 13, 2017
    • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara
    • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:21 AM

Tiffany, ive gotten complains. My fiance's mom doesn't want to stay at zilara and is complaining about the $100 outside fee to attend. I personally have about had it with her and her complaints so I'm not even offering to pay it for her. We offered her a COMP ROOM and she denied it. Every other guest is staying on location for at least the wedding several others are just staying the 3 night min then going to another hotel.

As far as vendors I haven't booked anything but photography with an outside company and they cover the fee or i have to just pay $100 i can't remember =) I'm going down the first wee in October for our big day preview so I can ask some questions if anyone has some

#36 tiffanyt

tiffanyt
    • 107 posts
    • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

@Kcusack89 I'm glad I'm not the only one hearing complaints. It's been so irritating that at this point I've just been telling people it's fine if they don't stay there because I'm tired of the complaints. It's too late in the game at this point to switch resorts.

#37 Bride2Be2017

Bride2Be2017
    • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:25 PM

@tiffanyt thanks for starting this thread! 

@Kcusack89  if you could share any info you have after the Big Day preview I'd be so grateful. I'd also love to see the wedding packet that many have talked about with floral arrangements and set up options. 

I have been going back and forth on having a destination wedding in Jamaica because I couldnt decide on a venue. I recently looked into Hyatt Ziva and am really excited that it may be the place! Hoping to book soon so we can help each other plan. Planning for a July 2017 wedding. 

#38 Kcusack89

Kcusack89
      • 28 posts
      • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:57 PM

Of course! I have the flower packet but of course it exoired or something the link no longer works I was just going to post it. They do have a very large selection of flowers and center pieces. The one thing that took me off guard was the menu. Apparently if you want to do sit down service u can only have one entree so have to do a buffet but that wasn't a deal breaker for me. But I'm pretty excited overall to check out the proper. I'll be getting hair and makeup trial as well so I can comment on that as well

#39 tiffanyt

tiffanyt
      • 107 posts
      • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:35 AM

My problem with their centerpiece and flower packet is that everything is so pricey! I'm bringing some of my own stuff but looking at outside florists as well for my bridesmaid bouquets. I figure I wont have to pay the outside vendor fee if I just have someone pick them up or if I pick them up myself.

#40 Kcusack89

Kcusack89
      • 28 posts
      • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:39 AM

im almost certain that i am bringing my own centerpieces. I dont even know the prices for theirs :P My wedding planner from the resort takes forever to return my emails sometimes so I just gave up on asking prices. I'l look at it agian when im there in a few weeks. As for flowers im not having the traditional bridal party. Still having bridesmaids but they wont walk or stand with us so i dont need to get their flowers. Just another way to save.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, 2017 Brides, Beach Weddings, Jamaica, Resorts & Hotels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users