Cancun Wedding Looking For A Photographer, Mariachi Band,fireshow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 weddingcancun2016

• 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

I am having a destination wedding in Cancun Mexico, May 2016. Looking for a reasonable price for a photographer/ videographer, Mariachi band and a fire dancer. If anyone has a good contact person for these, please let me know.

I received a few quotes, but I am looking to spend around $200-300 for fire show for about 20- 25 minutes give or take just to give the guest an experience

For a Videographer and Photographer i would like to stay around $500 each if possible

and a reasonable price for a Mariachi band 

We don't have any of these individuals yet and every time we get a quote it's way over our budget. We are paying for our wedding ourselves and have spent over 3 years saving for this moment. We would love to have all these things. 

If you know of anyone in mexico that you would recommend please let me know. 

• photographer
    • Videographer 
    • Mariachi 
    • Fire Show 

thank you again,

Edited by weddingcancun2016, 05 January 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#2 dreamweddings

• Insiders w/ Articles
    • 603 posts
      • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

@weddingcancun2016 where is your wedding taking place? I must be honest I am not sure where you can get the following in those prices.

• photographer  for elopement maybe $500 usd for 2 hours session just to give you an idea
      • Videographer  I work with a number of them. I have never seen anyone charge the price for videograpeher . for how many hours do you need them?
      • Mariachi Mariachi for a 45 min $350 usd 
      • Fire Show also depend on how many people you have doing the show.

some tips: if your budget is tight, I would definitely cut out videographer, have you checked if one of your guests has a good eye to capture the video. so you can save on that?

weigh out what is more important and then take it from there.

Happy Planning!

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya

Happy Planning!

#3 acw271011

• Moderators
      • 3,123 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:48 PM

@weddingcancun2016  Welcome to BDW!

Wow - that's a very tight budget for sure. I've been on this site for a long time and had quotes for Jamaica where we got married and for Mexico last October when we renewed our vows and I have to agree with Joyce of @dreamweddings  I've never seen rates as low as what you're looking for. You might be able to get just ceremony coverage for that amount, maybe 2 hours tops. Same with a videographer. You're looking at an awful lot more than $500. Joyce had a good suggestion - is there a family member that might be good with a video camera that could help out?

I don't know anything about fire dancers or mariachi bands so I'm sorry I can't be of any help with that.

Good luck! Keep us posted on how things go.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#4 AdamnJenn17

• 161 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:10 AM

Ya most wedding photography packages are around $1000US and may or may not include getting ready sessions with the Birde,

Videography, although sounds wonderful, is expensive and usually doesnt turn out like you hope it would.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users