Image heavy Update!

So I've started creating mood boards to outline the look/feel that I'm going for-- just thought I'd share them below

Colour scheme: pink/nudes/blush tones with navy accent

I don't plan on using the navy as heavily as it is here in the image, but just as a slight accent for contrast

Decoration Moodboards 01

Ceremony decor: 

Decoration Moodboards 04

Decoration Moodboards 03

Decoration Moodboards 05

Bride/Groom attire:

Decoration Moodboards 02

Decoration Moodboards 11 11

Flowers:

Decoration Moodboards 07

Decoration Moodboards 06

Reception Vibes:

Decoration Moodboards 09

Decoration Moodboards 08

Reception table decor:

Decoration Moodboards 10

I'll continue to update as I go along on how I'm actually going to make this stuff happen :) haha, but for now-- this is what I am working and aiming towards. It's more of a rustic/garden type feel. Hopefully all the decor will work cohesively together!

• Like 5

Looks great so far! Love the hints of navy - that will look really nice with nudes and blush.

Once you start doing your decor research you should definitely look into LatinAsia as your decor vendor. They have a lot of those style pieces like rustic wooden tables etc. :)

• Like 1

I love your colour palette, very romantic. I've always loved navy with pink and it will look so beautiful, especially with the different hues of nudes and blush.

• Like 1

@@jes0912 Yay another Vancouver bride! Congrats on finalizing your resort. Now the fun begins Your mood boards look amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yay! Another thread! Congrats on your engagement and welcome! Sorry I've been MIA - we just got back 2 days ago from Mexico and renewing our vows, which was absolutely wonderful! lol

The Palace resorts are definitely popular with the ladies here so you've picked a good location with Moon. I'm sure you've seen the multiple threads available on the different ones. Tygrlily definitely had a gorgeous wedding and her thread is amazing!

Love your engagement ring and your wedding band is definitely an absolute steal!! I've stacked mine as well and I love it!

Your colours are so pretty! The navy and pink/blush look beautiful together. I'm sure it will be amazing!

Our bus stopped at Moon Palace on the way to the airport on Sunday. It was the first time I had actually seen the resort. Any other time has only been the sign from the highway. It is HUGE for sure!! lol Absolutely enormous!! We couldn't believe it. There is actually a full sized bus that runs between the 3 parts of the resort and I only know that because we just happened to see it while the people were loading onto our bus. I knew it was a big resort - you only have to read about it to get that - but I didn't know it was as huge as it is! lol

@@acw271011 Congrats on your vow renewals! Thanks for your insight on the resort-- yah i definitely think we were hesitant because of how big there resort is. But i think we decided that you can never make a resort larger if it's small but you can always just stay in one area of a large resort to make it feel smaller. hahah! I'm clearly mind tricking myself here...but i think we picked the perfect resort. Lots to do and plenty to keep our guests occupied! 

• Like 2

Hey Ladies,

Sorry for being so MIA recently-- we've just been dealing with a couple of things since sending out our invites. 
Over the last 2 weeks we managed to send out our save the dates, and our official wedding invites with our RSVP due back by the end of this month.

A couple of our guests have already told us that the end of month deadline is too far in advanced for our 2017 wedding and will re-quote with us closer to the date. Others told us prior to us sending our invites that they would be there 100%, but after the invites have sent-- they've changed their minds and told us that they might not be able to. Needless to say...i'm sure most of you ladies have been there and experienced this already, but it's been just a LITTLE stressful. I'm almost worried at this point that i won't have enough guests RSVPing by the end of the month to meet the group quote minimum... Most of the people I counted as 'for sure' are now...not so sure. 

I've almost given up hope on those people--at this point...if they come they come, if they don't they done.
Have any of you ladies experienced this as well?

On a lighter note-- we found a local jeweller in Vancouver where we bought John's wedding band, sized the engagement ring I purchased earlier, and did a rhodium redid on my engagement ring so it's shiny again! hehhe.
I also purchased another stackable engagement band from berricle online for our legal marriage here in Vancouver (inspired by @, Thanks!!) They're now on their way so i'll take a photo of the rings together when they're here (Can't wait!!!) 

I also planned my outfit for the legal marriage in Vancouver; we're going to have this in December 2016 closer to the Holidays so our family from Toronto can fly out and spend some time with us then as well...the outfit was inspired by Olivia Palermo's wedding. I'm going to do a tulle floor length skirt with a fitted fine knit sweater.

870645f45cb5e2e45e2c7785622dc300

54ce1af9de30cc8b9717f8f263ba6e8f

I ordered the tulle skirt from chicwish.com (http://www.chicwish.com/amore-maxi-tulle-prom-skirt-in-beige-4471.html) Can't wait to try it as soon as I get it :) Will keep you guys posted on how it looks  :D

• Like 3

First of all, try not to stress about the RSVP - we have definitely all been there and I'm sure at that same time someone also told me not to stress as well. It's an overwhelming time because you may figure out that not all people keep their words, but at the end of the day there will be people who will do what it takes to make it to your wedding and that's really all that matters. We are focusing on the people that can make it and are very excited to, but I can attest that most of us brides have had our fair share of letdowns and i'm sure you've read that majority of them have to do with guests backing out etc.

Just remember that this day is for you two and your love together! No matter how many people make it, it will be very special and what you wanted.

Yay for stacking bands! Why not have an excuse for more jewelry? haha

Also, I LOVE the legal ceremony look. Olivia Palermo is a fashion goddess . I also think that a tulle skirt is a necessity in any wardrobe  :P

I'm wearing mine at the end of the night of our reception and jumping in the pool with it (since I didn't want to take my gown in the water)

• Like 1

I agree with @

I also had my fair share of let downs and honestly I think it's just par for the course. We only had 9 months to plan and we still got all the 'excuses' so with more than a year out I can only imagine. I know how stressful it is with group bookings and hotel perks. Then wanting to know your budget and plan favors. What we did was have our group booking deadline then had a second deadline for those who just couldn't commit that quick. We made it about 2 months before the wedding. At that point though I kinda knew who would probably make it and who would not. I over bought my favors by 5 just in case. That said you have more time and could make your second deadline earlier than 2 months out. This wasn't advertised it was given to the people who came to us and said 'we need more time'. Please don't let It hurt you and offend you, although hard. As I said above it just seems par for the course. Remember what your wedding is all about and those who really wanna be there will make it work. Hugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2