Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:00 PM
Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:01 PM
Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:44 AM
@Wafflesmom I've gone back and forth a million times in my head... so I was planning to get the lash extensions done for the wedding I'm in on April 2nd and do a fill before mine, but the bride is offering to pay for our makeup and include a set of fake lashes, so I might just take her up on that offer and get the lash extensions for mine only and save a bit of money. I think I would choose the lash extensions for Mexico so I don't have to worry about not putting them on correctly or getting sweaty and them falling off. Thanks for the mink advice - I'll see what I can find. I was speaking to a girl I went to high school with who does them and offered to cut me a "wedding deal" and do a full set for $80.
Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:17 PM
Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:03 PM
Thank you @Eadrianne1990! I was hoping I would be able to help! It's tough planning a wedding!
A very wordy update...
I've been sorting out some details with the resort, a bit of back-and-forth and some miscommunication but I know everything will work out. I've finally got our WC on board with having the bridal bouquet included in my package separated into 6 smaller bouquets, these will be tied to the aisle chairs in the first 3 rows and then move to the reception and put in vases on the tables. We are having on large flower arrangement (also included in our package) on the table during the ceremony and then moved to the head table at the reception. We've ordered 2 wrist corsages for our mothers. All the flowers will be the same - white and light pink.
Our package also includes a semi-private dinner for 25 people, because we are having a private poolside dinner instead we decided to use this as a rehearsal dinner the night before with our parents and bridal party. I've gone back and forth with the WC trying to have the dinner at 7pm, or even at 6pm but she wouldn't budge and could apparently only book the dinner for 5.30pm, which is just too early. We were just going to suck it up and have it anyway but then when it came to pre-selecting the menu, the choices wouldn't suit everyone, my Zia is a vegetarian, my dad has Chron's and can't eat any raw veggies... so in the end it was just too much hassle, and we decided to cancel the dinner. If closer to the date we are able to change the time and allow our guests to choose their meal that evening then we may reconsider. We might just try and reserve when we get there, then we can still have the dinner and everyone can choose their own meals.
We picked up our custom beach bags from the TA (19 of them, I posted the proof a few weeks ago in my thread) and my girlfriend will be supplying the extra tote bags (she had 40 made) and they should be arriving in a couple of weeks, they look like this:
Beach Bag - V.jpeg 328.58KB 7 downloads
We ordered some waterproof phone cases through a seller on eBay, they are predicted to arrive between March 11 and April 1. I wanted to wait to receive them to post the seller information and make sure they were good quality. I will update as soon as they arrive!
Because Colin and I are on a different flight from our Canadian guests, and obviously the UK guests, we are limited in what we can fill our welcome bags with due to weight etc - so along with the custom beach bags they are receiving we will include the phone case, a welcome letter and I Spy. We were going to do the "do not disturb" door handle tags but I read a post and got all paranoid about our guests rooms possibly being broken into because then people will know they are part of a wedding party and will have jewellery, money etc... I haven't heard any confirmed cases of this, I just got it in my head and when I said it to Col he said it was the first thing he thought about when I brought it up but he didn't want to say it and make me upset lol
We are now sitting at 47 confirmed guests (45 adults, 2 kids), not including Colin and I. We have 1 more friend from Canada booking, 2 of Colin's friends from the States coming with their spouses, and my Aunt messaged me the other day asking what the name of our hotel is again... so we have potentially 7 more people coming!
I think I should start a to-do list, for my own sanity and to help anyone else!
- Dress alterations (corset added)
- Chose processional, father-daughter dance, first dance (will post when the rest are chosen)
- Picked up beach bags from Total Advantage
- Cake Topper
- Passport renewed (I was a couple weeks shy of the 6 month validity period)
- Bridal Party gifts
- Groomsmens suits sent back with Colin's Mom to England for the guys to have altered
- Wedding wishes and marriage application sent to WC
- Downloaded Wedding DJ App and WedPics App
- Confirmed reception details with WC - dinner from 6-9pm at the Hibiscus Pool, extend until 11pm
- Made nail, pedi, & waxing appointments for the Thursday and Friday before we leave - we leave on a Saturday morning
- Receive the remaining 40 beach bags and waterproof phone cases
- Colin's suit alterations
- Card Box/Cage
- Find cheap paper fans for chairs at ceremony
- Engrave Col's wedding band, and see if they could do mine (might be too thin?)
- Choose recessional song & document signing songs (2) and the rest of the dinner/reception playlist and download to app
- Exchange currency, the dollar has been creeping up slowly so we might start now
- Finish welcome letter, I spy and signage for beach, I want to have a sign that says "Choose a Seat Not a Side" or something along those lines, but worry about where to put it... this is TBD. I worked the "weekly itinerary" text into the welcome letter, I'll post a photo once these are finished
- Buy a selfie stick for the go-pro, an external iPhone charger, and batteries for the walkie talkies Col has from his Lake Louise snowboarding days, I think the wi-fi situation there is primarily in the lobby and only for an hour so these will really come in handy, especially on the wedding day so we don't bump into each other
- Buy chicken cutlet/sticky boob things (I'm sure I nailed the terminology) for my dress
- Confirm photo package with the photography company one month before. We have to use the photographer from the resort, Tropic One. I feel like this is a both a good & bad thing, where it was really easy for us and we didn't have to research external photographers, but on the other hand, we didn't get a choice. I think it will all be fine, I've seen their work online and they seem pretty good, I'm going to bring some examples and a list (Note to self - print photos and list!) when we meet with them to ensure they know what we want. Col and I are having trouble agreeing on a package, I want more pictures and more time and he wants less... I think I'm safer going with more... to be continued
- We might scrap the guestbook idea altogether, I picked up a feather pen from Michael's a couple months ago during one of their sales but haven't decided what to do, so we may not do anything at all... again TBD
- Paint our table numbers
- Make a binder of correspondence with the resort
- Ring box/bag
- Timeline, MC Script, and thank you speeches
- Seating Chart
- Buy a second white dress to change into during the reception if I get uncomfortable
- Outfit for the bachelorette (some of my girlfriends are taking this completely on board and my sister has to approve lol, they are making it an all day and night thing - I'm really excited to see what happens). We are having the bachelorette 2 nights before the wedding and then I am not drinking at all the day before the wedding - thanks to @Wafflesmom advice
- Buy a blue garter - we're not doing a bouquet toss or the garter thing but I wanted to wear one anyway, and some lingerie
- Figure out vase situation for the centrepeices - I've asked the WC to send a picture of what they were going to rent us, we may just buy 3 more from the dollar store and bring those
- Send out email to guests regarding wedding day attire - we've had a few people ask, we are also going to send our code for the WedPics app so they can all have it downloaded before
- Hair Trial
- Book eyelash extension appt
- Continue tanning, started the week before my shower and starting again this week
- SHOPPING! I need clothes for Mexico, I have swim suits but need some dresses etc. I made a bet with Col that if I go spinning 3 times a week until the wedding he will get me a treat, so I'm getting him to take me shopping
I just got a super stomach ache writing this list... it's so long... I've signed up for some hot yoga classes so hopefully that will relax me and help me get through all this!
Please let me know if there is anything I'm forgetting!
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cancun Riviera Maya
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users