375 replies to this topic

#231 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

Thanks @vancouverpetunia!  My shower was exactly that - sentimental and so much fun!  It was in the party room of my building which looked classy but had big comfy seats so it was really relaxed as well!  We had all finger foods too and lots of sweets, so there was no structure, which I liked.

I love my dress!  Now that the final fitting's done, I really need to get strict with the diet!!!  Tone up those arms!

Oh goodness, I don't know what I would do either, I feel bad for my guests now.  But yes, could be worse.  My travel agent (super nice but a bit ditzy) messed up the wording on the email and my guests were sooooo confused!  I had to call her and be like "listen, I know what you're trying to say but not everyone else does..." lol.  Just need to stay positive  :)

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#232 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:05 AM

So glad your shower was memorable. Looks like you had a blast. Hehe my friend had the gum game and like you had a mouth full - so fun. Glad people made amends and it was a good time for all!!

Your dress is gorgeous and you look fantastic in it :)

I'm shocked this close to the date AC is making changes to their flights. Is that considered off season already? Ugh sorry you are going thru that. We had AC cancel our flight as well but we booked before the final flight schedule had come out and were warned. They cancelled ours in June though for January so not so close. Thankfully like you we had the travel agent to change all the connectors and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#233 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:20 AM

@deecol

So happy your bridal shower was perfect and happy to read those closest to you stepped up and let you enjoy the moment. Colin sounds like a sweetheart – you two are lucky to have found one and other J

Your dress looks BEAUTIFUL! Where are you storing it? Do you have it at your house with you and Col? I think I would peak at it every day if it was in the house…and then randomly try it on at all hours of the day lol

Exciting about your new guests! You are going to have a great size wedding. I am so excited to have everyone in one place for a week. I am also so interested to see how everyone interacts. Because we live across the country from one and others family and friends a lot of people haven’t met. Mike and I always talk about who we think will hit it off right away. Our fathers won’t meet until our wedding in Mexico – crazy!

Sounds like you’re taking the flight change like a champ. New guests each day of the week sounds fun but handing out welcome bags every day does not. Are you using WhatsApp to communicate? Maybe you can have someone from each group message when they leave the airport to head to your resort so you’re not waiting around the lobby? Just a thought so that you can enjoy your other guests and the pool as much as possible J

Looks like you’re in great shape! Did you decide what you are going to do for vases? Rent or bring with you?

#234 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:10 PM

Your shower looked so fun and your mums are so cute. Col looked so cute in all the pics and you two look so in love!! I have to hand it to your mom, I love the champagne bottle idea. Such a lovely keepsake too. And that's a beautiful cake topper.

Ok so you are gorgeous in your dress! Col's jaw is gonna drop when he sees his beautiful bride walking down the aisle.

And I commend you on how well you're taking the whole flight change. I would have freaked out but I'm a worrier lol
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#235 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:19 AM

Yay! Your shower pics are great. I love those gold foil balloons! super cute!! :) I'm really glad that everything turned out well and you got the support from your family and col <3

@ashhtayy on your note about interaction.. that was the most pleasant surprise of our whole trip I think. A lot of people that I honestly didn't even know if they would hit it off, did and it turned out so well. Chester's cousin and my mom didn't know each other before the wedding, but now my mom and dad are planning a trip out to Alberta to go see her and her husband. Destination weddings bring people together. it's awesome.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#236 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:58 AM

@calgarybride2015 Thank you :)  My shower was so amazing :) haha the gum game is the worst - sadly it was my idea... but I will be destroying all photographic evidence lol. Thank you for the dress comment :)  I want to look 100x better in it so I'm really cracking down!  I was very surprised when I heard about Air Canada as well, like I said worse things could happen though and I'm just glad my TA is dealing with it all.

@ashhtayy Thanks love! The two friends that helped the most with the set-up/tear-down I knew would lend a hand but I didn't expect that much, it was really nice of them.  Although, the friend I spoke to you guys about didn't do anything.. it was a bit awkward at first but I had so many ladies to interact with and was too busy to care really lol, and my sister and Colin were so incredible I didn't have to worry about much.  I have my dress at my place, I was storing it at my mom's until I picked it up in January to have the corset put in, as curious as Col is, he has not peeked and I trust he won't, he's had so many opportunities to see pictures as well and he hasn't, he wants that moment when we first see each other as much as I do.  I need to air it out before we leave for Mexico, so depending what days Col takes off work before we leave I'll have to coordinate that - or ban him from our bedroom for a few hours lol.  Isn't it so exciting to think of everyone being together for a week?  Our friends and families like yours are so far apart, the nice thing is that our parents have met, and some of our friends have when they came to visit me in London. Colin's bother got married in Brazil almost a year ago, so we're actually meeting our new sister-in-law for the first time as well.  Their one year wedding anniversary will be 2 nights before our wedding.

@Wafflesmom haha aren't my little mums so cute!  I have to say when Col walked in the room with flowers for us all (even though I knew it was happening) my heart dropped, he still gives me butterflies.  My mom shocked me with that bottle!  She got the idea off Pinterest - I didn't even think she knew what Pinterest was, she can't even figure out Skype lol.  I think the cake topper is so pretty :) Like i said we couldn't decide so it made our decision really easy.  Thank you for the dress compliment :)  I really think he'll love it, his mum cried when she saw me in it :) I can't wait to see his face!  The flight thing change did annoy me a little, I won't lie and I'm a worrier too, but I figure there are so many things that could have gone wayyyyyy worse that if this is it (fingers crossed) I'm getting off lucky.

@perianjay I loved the foil balloons!  We almost didn't get them because the quote my mom got was $125 for 4 balloons and I could not let her do that!  I saw someone walk out of a dollar store near my place with helium balloons one night so I asked if they did foil letters and they did :)  and we paid $12 a balloon - which is A LOT more reasonable.  I am so looking forward to everyone interacting, and to some people seeing those they have already met!

I don't know if I mentioned I had to get herbal supplements to help me sleep lol... well those are not working.  Last night right before going to sleep Col asked what we have going on the next few weekends, and the fact that I could list every weekend up until our wedding was so unreal!  It kept me up all night with my mind swirling and how I need to get my butt in the gym non-stop until we leave.  Lot's of stuff to tackle in the next few weeks!!!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#237 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:38 AM

@deecol After all the stress I'm so so happy that you had a wonderful shower and you were pampered by all your girls (and your man)! ;)  Everything looked beautiful and it looks like you had such an amazing day!

Your dress is stunning!! Everything is coming together! April will be here before you know it! 

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#238 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:20 PM

@snswedding2016 Thanks Steph!!!  I'm so happy it all worked out end the end  :) I can't believe I get to wear that dress, I love it more and more!  Time is flying!!!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#239 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:16 PM

OMG - I am the same!!! 

I don't know if I mentioned I had to get herbal supplements to help me sleep lol... well those are not working.  Last night right before going to sleep Col asked what we have going on the next few weekends, and the fact that I could list every weekend up until our wedding was so unreal!  It kept me up all night with my mind swirling and how I need to get my butt in the gym non-stop until we leave.  Lot's of stuff to tackle in the next few weeks!!!

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#240 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:07 AM

@vancouverpetunia Thanks for making me feel like I'm not crazy! lol  Last night I took one of my sleeping supplements, had a hot shower, put my phones away and made myself read a brand new book for at least 10 pages and I had such a good sleep!  I was putting off reading because I was thinking the last thing my brain needs is to remember details about a book lol but it actually helped relax me.  How are you dealing with the lack of sleep and endless mind-racing?  I got these tablets from the health store called Tranquil Sleep that are basically for mild insomnia and calms nervousness, they contain Suntheanine L-Theanine, melatonin and 5-HTP, and seem to help.  I didn't want to take something that would make me groggy the next day and these don't.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users