Ballet Workout

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:08 AM

I'm looking for a good ballet workout dvd. I took dance for 10+ years (ballet, tap, jazz) so I'm somewhat familiar with the moves/stretches but out of practice for sure.

Any recommendations?

#2 MelissaH

MelissaH
    • 1,724 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:14 AM

I'll ask my sister for you...she was a dancer for a lot of years and just started working out with ballet again. Be prepared to HURT, girl LOL I swear just hobbled around for a week after she started :P

Just an idea though - why not try out some RAD cd's or videos? I know you can get them on the RAD Canada website...
      Royal Academy of Dance Canada - RAD-Store

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:19 AM

Haha I bet she was sore! Ballet is no joke, it's as tough a workout as many others. I miss the burn though and the elongation thing that happens :o) They have tons of classes here in L.A. but they are pricey and I don't like the vibe of gyms/classes here in L.A. I'd rather do it at home.

I looked at your link and was like "damn that's expensive" but duh - Canadian dollars Let me know if your sis has any other recommendations as well, thanks Lissah!

#4 MelissaH

MelissaH
        • 1,724 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:23 AM

I might be able to get you a copy of one of the CD's (an intermediate one but it probably wouldn't be an original copy...don't know how cool you would be with that??)

#5 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:21 PM

Jamy I danced for years too, I would love to do dance workouts. I miss dancing everyday (I took classes all through college) I love the burn of ballet and I miss the cardio burn of jazz and tap. I recently bought Hip Hop Abs which is so hard (I'm not very good at hip hop) but super fun. My favorite thing to do is record music videos and try to learn the dance steps in slow motion. LOl. My sister also owns Britney's Greatest Hits (the DVD) and we try to do all the dances. Let me tell you that is a burn and a half!

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:26 PM

Well I'm about to order the NYC ballet workout, despite mixed reviews, it still seems worth a try. It has to be better than the nothing I'm doing now..lol I'll see how it goes.....

#7 aimee

aimee
              • 1,662 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:00 PM

I danced (tap, jazz, ballet) for 16+ years and I miss it so much. I've heard that the NYC ballet dvd is good. Since I'm prego I'll have to wait to try it myself. Let me know what you think of it.

Glenda, that is so funny that you do Britney videos. I usued to do this too with my best friend too!

#8 aimee

aimee
                • 1,662 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:01 PM

sorry, duplicate post.

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:07 PM

I will let you know what I think! Dance is dear to my heart too and I want to get back into it, minus the performance and costumes...lol

#10 aimee

aimee
                    • 1,662 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:13 PM

I can definately do without the costumes but I loved going to competitions. I was raised in a small city so I always got to travel for my competitions. I also miss the close friendships I've developed. I truly believe that dancing has kept me out of trouble as a teenager. And I think my parents loved the fact that I was too busy dancing rather than dating. LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users