464 replies to this topic

#371 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:31 PM

thanks @yycbride2016, I can't wait to see Der in his full attire. I've seen his suit on him but not everything all together. I think I want to see it for the first time when I'm walking down the aisle ;)

The marquees are pretty light weight-wise and I'm keeping them in the boxes so they're not too bad to transport. They are bigger, especially with three so I see where you're coming from. What do your wooden ones look like?
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#372 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:24 AM

@Wafflesmom looks like everything is coming together!

Der's tie and pocket square look great. Is your best man and ring bearer wearing the exact same colour? Sorry if I missed this. Where did you order from?

Your marquee letters look perfect. I like the contrast of the two different papers together. Can't wait to see the pics of them lit up on your wedding day. The first paper I used was just a scrapbooking paper and the second was a card stock. Since I only used a hole punch I struggled to get the bulbs through. I'm hoping the struggle was because my arms were so sore from the gym and that I'm not really that weak lol

Play list for getting ready! Wouldn't have thought of that and SO necessary. Thanks for the heads up. We always listen to 'Girls Be Pre-Gaming' on Songza when we're getting ready but looks like Songza will be gone soon so I should start downloading some of those songs. Congrats on being 90% done. That must be a great feeling!

Exciting news about your photographer and his assistant. I think you'll be so glad you extended by an hour. The more pictures to choose from the better :)

#373 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:48 AM

Der's outfit looks great! (I'm piecing the whole thing together in my head).

Yay! For being all paid up with your photographer!! You are less than three weeks away now.. time has FLOWN.

Also, I love your marquee lights and the way that you chose a different paper for the ampersand. It looks so good!!

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#374 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:41 AM

@Wafflesmom Everything looks great!  I love the colour of Der's tie and pocket square, I know we've said this before but our colours are so similar!  I can't wait to see everything all together, it will give me such a good idea of what ours will look like!

Are you using the wedding dj app?  And downloading apple music to use on that?  I'm sorry I'm so awful with technology!

I'm going through your to-do list this weekend - it will help so much.  Thanks for sharing and congrats on making so much progress.

I was thinking yesterday - you said you're not creative but look at your napkins and marquee letters!  I think you may have underestimated yourself  ;)

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#375 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:48 AM

@deecol I thought the same thing - wasn't it @Wafflesmom who said she wasn't creative? Yeah, right! Look at you go!

#376 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

@ashhtayy, @deecol and @perianjay you ladies are making me blush! Thanks for all the compliments, I really appreciate them. If I could find my grade 2 report card, it actually says in there that I'm not creative. I have proof lol

@ashhtayy yup, all the ties are the exact same colour. We bought them online at Canadian Ties. Really quick shipping time too. For the marquee lights, I used a pencil to pencil out the holes then stabbed it with the pencil. So much easier!

@perianjay thanks hun, I can't wait to see his outfit on him. And I thought a different paper for the ampersand would make the initials pop a bit more

@deecol I know, our colour scheme is the same. Great minds think alike ;) I'm not using the wedding dj app, we actually hired a DJ for our reception. The playlists are just for the welcome dinner, cocktail hour and getting ready. I don't need transitions or anything, it's really just for background music. And I'm glad my list is helpful, I like outlining what still needs to be done. I'll keep updating it when I think of things to add.

<p>event.png

#377 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:46 AM

Your second grade teacher was a b*tch. (Just saying) hahaha

My planning thread :

#378 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:13 AM

Update:

So my productivity continues, yay!! Yesterday I bought some frames for our table numbers and for miscellaneous decor items for our cake table and sweetheart table. One of my decor is a framed print of lyrics to our first dance song, Thinking Out Loud. I had this custom made by the same designer who did our fan tags, Paper Confetti Co. Highly recommend her! The lyrics in script are in silver foil and will be displayed at our cake table.

Attached File  IMG_1353.JPG   96.67KB   9 downloads

Another thing I finished was the look of our ring box. We were initially going to buy a ring pillow but I really didn't want to pack a lot of bulk. While I was on Weddingstar, I saw these acrylic wedding ring boxes that can be personalized. I went to Michaels and bought some artificial flowers (coral rose and dusty miller to coordinate with my bouquet) and placed it underneath the rings. The flower is there for two purposes, for decor and to prop up my ring. The slot for my wedding band is too big, especially for a thin small band. So the flower underneath props it up well. The actual ring holders is a little bit crooked with the flower underneath but who's really gonna notice. If it bothers me, I'll just add more dusty miller.

Attached File  IMG_1356.JPG   38.82KB   9 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1357.JPG   97.09KB   9 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1358.JPG   64.75KB   8 downloads

Last but not least, the ever so talented @perianjay has helped me out again. I'm really bummed that my little fur baby Waffle can't be a part of our wedding. Unfortunately she'll be in a kennel while we're away :( So I came up with the idea of having photos of her as our table numbers so that in a way, she could be a part of our wedding. I tried to do numbers on photos of her but it seriously looked so amateur and not at all classy. So I turned to @perianjay for help and she sent me an example yesterday. I love them so much that I have to post what she sent me.

We've decided to our engagement photos with Waffle in it so that it's part of the wedding theme. These will go in a 4x6 silver frame that I bought from Michaels. I love them so much, they turned out better than I had imagined. Thanks @perianjay for making my dream a reality.

Attached File  exampletablenumber2_6.jpg   188.17KB   8 downloads

I also bought a few things for our OOT bags and just need a few more things to complete it. Once that's all done, I'll post it on here.

So that's it for now for updates. Hopefully my productivity continues which means posting a lot more frequently :)

P.S. @perianjay, yes my Grade 2 teacher was a b*tch LOL

<p>event.png

#379 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:21 AM

I LOVE that ring box. omg.. if I knew about that I would've totally purchased one - it's so cute!! I love that it's personalized too.

You honestly can't even notice that the ring holder is on a slight angle and I LOVE what you did by putting the rose/dusty miller in there. You also can't even tell that it's artificial because I honestly thought it was a real rose when I looked at that picture.

I'm working on the rest of your table numbers right now :) and i'm so excited to see the finished product.

I LOVE your silver foiled lyrics.. seriously that girl does such a great job. I gaze at mine constantly and am reminded of what a great friend you are. <3

My planning thread :

#380 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:41 AM

Wow Wow Wow @Wafflesmom everything looks incredible!  Your ring box is so unique and beautiful!  I love that you're putting the lyrics out to your first song (and that we have the same song  :) ) I really can not wait to see pictures of it all together! Wow!

And @perianjay is just so talented, never ceases to amaze me!  Your table numbers are so cute, I love that you can incorporate Waffles into the wedding!

Let's send your grade two teacher pictures of everything you've done and show her how wrong she was!  lol  :P

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Moon Palace, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users