506 replies to this topic

#131 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:10 AM

@ashhtayy very pretty dress!  Not your typical destination wedding dress, and I love the back!

What is the fabric like?  It's great that you are able to see the colour the dress will be, I would be scared to order it as well, especially if you're going for something specific.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#132 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:19 AM

@deecol thank you. That's what I like about it - it isn't typical. It's what I would have picked regardless of where we were getting married. It's satin so definitly isn't a light material. We have to order the dress with sleeves so they will come as shown in the picture but we are entertaining the idea of removing the cap sleeve. About $40 in alterations, less restricting and less material. Could change the whole look drastically.

#133 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:05 AM

Welcome back!!! How are you and Mike doing in your new home?

I love your bridesmaid's dress. I wore satin to a destination wedding (I was part of the bridal party) and wasn't hot in it at all. Mind you, that was in April. I hope it's not as pinky as it looks In the pic by it's gorgeous

P.S. You still have plenty of time to plan so don't freak out
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#134 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:52 AM

Cute dress! Love it.

Like @Wafflesmom said, you have lots of time left! :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#135 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

@Wafflesmom thank you for the welcome back :)

We are so happy in our new home. The house has been a breeze it's work that's got us both stressed out. No complaints though, love our jobs just wish there were more hours in the day.

Glad to hear you wore satin before and it wasn't too hot. The store actually emailed this morning and said they received a blush satin SV and asked us to come in and look at it. I popped into a local store and saw the blush. It's more nude than pink...and I love that!

@perianjay I feel your wedding is exactly what I want our wedding to be lol so you liking the dress makes me happy :)

Edited by ashhtayy, 14 November 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#136 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:54 PM

Photographers 

We have our photographers! We knew very early on that we wanted to ask our friends Lisa & Brandon to be our photographers but just like everything else, time kept getting away from us. Brandon and I have been friends since the fifth grade and as soon as I met his now wife I fell in love with her. Both are graphic designers and recently decided to start their own photography business. After their wedding Lisa started getting mentored by her wedding photographers and since then she has shot so many weddings, engagement shoots, couples shoots, boudoir shoots, etc. She and Brandon actually shot our engagement pictures last January too. 

They put their deposits down as soon as they received our STDs and have been sharing in our excitement ever since. Because we knew she already had so many weddings booked for next year I was worried to ask her to spend part of her well deserved vacation working. I decided to write her a card telling her all the reasons why we want her to be our photographer but that I would understand if she needed this vacation. I found this adorable little card birthday card at Carlton Cards, removed the birthday part and added "Will You Be Our Photographer?" While together last Saturday she opened the card. We both teared up and she immediately said "YES! I've been hoping you would ask since the day you showed me your ring." 

Mike and I could not be more excited to have them with us at our wedding and to have them take our pictures. Both of them are the people you want in your face and in your personal space all day long. I couldn't be happier they said yes.

Here's the card:

'Will You Be Our Photographer?' Card

Bridesmaid Dresses

As mentioned in a previous post the store called and received a blush coloured Sorella Vita dress. I am headed to the store tomorrow with my mum and two of my bridesmaids to see the colour in person. They couldn't get the same dress in but I think this will do the trick as it is the same material as the dress we are looking to order. I am hoping to put down the deposits for the dresses if the colour is perfect. Fingers crossed!

Edited by ashhtayy, 25 November 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#137 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

Bridesmaid dresses are ordered!

I should really get on this wedding planning - it's a great feeling when you get to cross something off the list :)

#138 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:46 AM

Yay, you've crossed off two big things on your list :) That's great to hear about your photographers. And that card is perfect, such a great way to "propose" to your photographers lol

And I'm so glad the bridesmaids dresses turned out like you wanted (colour-wise). They are beautiful dresses!

You're on a roll, keep it going;)
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#139 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:35 PM

@Wafflesmom thank you :)

#140 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:13 AM

Mini Update

I've been randomly buying wedding decor while out shopping and here's some pieces I've collected.

- 12 Michael's mercury glass candle holders in gold bought with 50% off coupons
- 2 HomeSense mercury glass mini flower holders in gold bought with Associate discount
- 1 HomeSense mercury glass something holder in gold bought at HomeSense sample sale
- 1 Fuji Film instax mini 8 instant camera in dreamy white given as an engagement gift
- 24 led tea lights in gold bought at HomeSense during double Associate discount weekend

I've seen so many adorable frames that I've wanted to buy as table numbers but not sure I can justify spending $12-15 per frame when I know I wont use them again around the house because our wedding colours aren't close to our "home" colours. The search continues for those :)

Happy Monday ladies!

Attached Files

Edited by ashhtayy, 30 November 2015 - 06:16 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Mexico, Planning Tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users