Photo

Snswedding2016 Planning Thread - Jan 9 2016 (Azul Fives)

• Please log in to reply
538 replies to this topic

#101 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

Wedding Shoes

I was wandering around the mall yesterday killing some time while Sean was finishing up work and stumbled upon my wedding shoes!  :)

I've been looking off an on but never found anything I liked. I was looking for flat sandals with some sparkle (we're going to be on the grass and possibly the beach). I found two pairs that I loved but one of them were like flip flops and I could just imagine dancing away and my shoes flying off. The ones I picked have an ankle strap so I can dance the night away without worrying! :D  

Attached File  wedding shoes.PNG   171.47KB   7 downloads

Veil

I forgot to upload a pic of the veil I was looking at. Here is the veil length I'm thinking of and hoping to custom make it by attaching the same lace from my dress. 

Attached File  veil length.PNG   323.9KB   8 downloads

I also worked on our ceremony script a lot this weekend and it's almost finished! 

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#102 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:36 AM

Wedding Shoes

I was wandering around the mall yesterday killing some time while Sean was finishing up work and stumbled upon my wedding shoes!  :)

I've been looking off an on but never found anything I liked. I was looking for flat sandals with some sparkle (we're going to be on the grass and possibly the beach). I found two pairs that I loved but one of them were like flip flops and I could just imagine dancing away and my shoes flying off. The ones I picked have an ankle strap so I can dance the night away without worrying! :D  

attachicon.gifwedding shoes.PNG

Veil

I forgot to upload a pic of the veil I was looking at. Here is the veil length I'm thinking of and hoping to custom make it by attaching the same lace from my dress. 

attachicon.gifveil length.PNG

I also worked on our ceremony script a lot this weekend and it's almost finished! 

I agree with you that the flip flops are cute but I couldn't dance all night in them. I think the ones you found look really nice and they'll be perfect for going around in the sand and grass :). I don't know if you're totally set on flats, but if you do want to wear heels and are just a bit worried about the heel digging into the ground maybe a low wedge would do the trick too :).

The veil is great! After adding the lace it will look really similar to mine, including the length. I think it'll look great :D (of course I'm totally biased haha)

event.png

#103 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:47 AM

@TinkerSofi I've considered a wedge shoe but if I end up keeping the beach ceremony (although nowadays I'm more leaning towards no) I'll be barefoot so to keep the alteration lengths consistent I thought flats would be the best. I'm still open to looking for some (especially if I change ceremony locations) but I haven't found any that I really like yet. Keeping my eyes open though. I might go back for the sparkly flip flops just to have (not for the wedding) because they're cute! haha!

Your veil is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the new pics from your fitting!! Fingers crossed that they'll be able to attach the lace from my dress easily to the veil!

event.png

#104 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

that makes sense. That's why I also didn't want super high heels that I knew i'd have to change out of eventually because then my dress would have been too long. 

The appointment went well. Now I have to go back on June 22 for the fitting and then seeing if there's anything else that needs to be done :D 

event.png

#105 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

@snswedding2016 I love those sandals! Flip flops are cute but aside from them flying off my feet while dancing, I was afraid of that slapping noise you sometimes get while walking (maybe I just walk funny in them lol).

The veil looks so pretty. It's a great length too, it's not so long that it would fly around and bug you too much.
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#106 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:23 PM

@Wafflesmom haha yes I get the smacking sound too!

I will be planning on wearing my hair pretty low and I didn't want the veil to cover the back of my dress to much so it worked out that the shortest veil length worked! It also helps that it is the cheaper option. ;)

event.png

#107 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

@snswedding2016 love the shoes! They are actually perfect :)

I bought a similar veil online but it's a bit longer.. I got in on Etsy. I guess i'm biased, but I love the look of that particular style veil. For me it was a happy medium because I didn't want to go too traditional and I wasn't planning on wearing a veil until everyone started convicing me otherwise haha.

Love it! You're doing a great job and that's awesome that you have the ceremony script out of the way. For me that was one of the hardest things because I kept crying when I was putting it together/reading it lol.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#108 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:09 PM

@perianjay Thanks!! I'm pretty excited about wearing them! The ceremony script has been a tricky one from the beginning. I started working on it early on and then would leave it for a while and then come back to it. It's the most personal emotional part of the day - I think it was intimidating me for a while. Glad to have it pretty much done!  :D I still have to work on the legal ceremony script but that one will be very much technical and going through the motions, so that the one is Mexico feels that much more special. 

Unfortunate news about my veil - my designer emailed me today to say that the supplier no longer carries the lace from my dress. She even checked her studio to see if she had any left but there was nothing.  :( Now I'm wondering if I should just buy the veil as is without the lace or try and find a similar lace that will go with my dress or to not do the veil at all and just do a hair piece. Gah! Back to square one...

In other news we booked our flights for the Brides Dress Rehearsal at Azul Fives in September so we're all set to go for our site visit!!

event.png

#109 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

Awesome news about the BDR!! I really wish we could have gone but oh well. 

You know I think your veil looks great the way it is. I think that if you really want to wear a veil that one will do :). Like Perianjay said, a shorter veil will cover up a smaller portion of your dress so you'll get to show off more of that beautiful low back ;)

Edited by TinkerSofi, 12 May 2015 - 06:06 PM.

event.png

#110 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

@TinkerSofi I think you're right . The more I look at the more I think I don't need to add the lace. I think I was originally worried that the veil without the lace would make my dress look like a different colour. That's what happened with my friend's veil. I think I might take my dress in to the shop and put them together to see. Thanks for your input - I really appreciate it!  :)

We're pretty excited about the BDR but because it is pretty close to our wedding I think it will be more to report back to our guests about as most of our plans will be set at that point. It will be nice to just get away!

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users