• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#101 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

You can do it! Trust me, I leave in 12 days and somehow you start to slowly but surely check things off! For a long while I felt like I was working on the same stuff every weekend but not actually finishing anything! And we were super busy in April (which was when we had 2 months to go) so I got really stressed. Now, I'm not as worried about the wedding as I am preparing to be off work for 2 weeks! I just don't know how that is all going to work out!

#102 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

@beckys98

I know you are right! I just feel like I'm spinning my wheels! I think I will start slowly like you said and make a small check list like the one I posted and just slowly get back on track!

2 WEEKS!!! AHHH! SO EXCITING! 

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#103 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

Don't worry, you have plenty of time. As long as you have most of the bigger stuff out of the way, you will be fine :)

I plug away at mine at random times and usually it's unexpected. I don't think there's really a "right time" to have everything done. I work really well under pressure so i'm sure when I get closer to the date i'm going to get everything done.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#104 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:10 PM

I agree. You've got plenty of time!! I'd say if you have the large things done by 3 months out and just finishing up crafts and small purchases you will be fine :) I made sure when I was 11 weekends out I did something major each weekend! Yay! Exciting though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#105 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

Yep and I'll make it three. You still have lots of time as was said, as long as you have the major things done. You always find time for the smaller things and it all comes together.

*Update*

60 days to the Legal ceremony

179 Day til we travel to Punta Cana

183 days til the WEDDING!

So the panic is starting to set in...

I feel like I have nothing done!!! EEK! I had been asked by a friend which weekend I have free this summer for a group BBQ...I started to go through my calender and realised that I have almost no free weekends this summer....then I thought oh shit! How am I going to get this all done! I have things to order,  things to design and print,  and things to craft!....not to mention an apartment to clean...its kind of a wreck right now and I have guests coming to stay in 2 weeks...I haven't been on the site fully in while and now I'm seeing what people getting married after me have done so far!! My anxiety has now kicked in and I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Got a revised flight schedule back from my travel agent...This time there was just one thing wrong...My FI's mom was missing! lol! Plus there were a few flights that I'm trying to get different times to lower the stopover times for some of the guests. But I'm confident that will all be sorted soon. Not going to stress about it because there is a lot of time left for that.

Updated the budget last night...man that thing just keeps creeping up! However I am still basing all my numbers on 60 people...I currently have 44 booked in and 16 serious Maybes...so I know when the finial payments are due that I will have less than 60 and my  budget will go down :)

Plans for this week and weekend:

• Clean the Spare room, sort & organize wedding mess to make room for guests!
  • Find a vest for the FI
  • Make the message in a bottle favours...really got to do it this time...god I am such a procrastinator!
  • Make a list of things that need to be ordered online.

ok!...not too bad...I should be able to get that done...right?!

Of course! Easy peazy. Nothin' to it... lol

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#106 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:11 AM

You'll be ok :). I started freaking out at around the same time because I felt like I had nothing planned. When I put together the planning thread I realized that I had actually made huge progress. 

Now i'm having my second freak out moment because I realize that every time I check one thing off my list, another 5 come up. Agh!! The never ending story haha. I've also been super busy with work so that hasn't helped the stress. I find making a list is the best thing to not only keep your mind at ease but to also keep the procrastination at bay hahah ;)

event.png

#107 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:40 AM

I think you are doing great girl. Don't think of the things that you need to get done right now just think of all you have done already. That will make you breath easier and chive on...lol

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#108 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:49 AM

@kcole123 @perianjay @TinkerSofi @acw271011 @calgarybride2015

Thanks for the continued support! you guys are awesome as always!

In the back of mind I know I will get it all done and I probably have a fare amount accomplished it just doesn't feel like a lot, the current panic mode is hard to over come..lol!

So what would you girls consider the "Big Things"??? Because right now I have no idea what I should be doing first...it all seems equally important. @calgarybride2015 @kcole123 since you are already done...what are the big things?

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#109 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

@Meandhim just got caught up on your thread this morning! I think you're doing a great job and in a really good place for planning. I know how you feel though, time really seems to be going faster ...I guess the winter always feels like it drags out and therefore I felt like I had a lot more time to get all sorts of planning done. 

I feel like the planning process is like cleaning your house....it always looks/feels a lot worse before it gets better. Or at least that's what I tell myself that there is method to my madness and this chaos I seem to be creating has some sort of purpose.  ;) I agree that lists really help me, being able to cross things off the list feels very satisfying (no matter how small the task is)!

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#110 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

Well mostly bookings of everything. I would get everything booked up like hair and makeup, photographer, paster, and all that jazz. I did that soon after I booked the wedding date, just to have all that stuff out of the way. You probably got most of that out of the way anyway.

Then it's dress fittings and appointments. Once I got my dress and my first fitting all other appointments were then made for other fittings. So I had all of that slotted in. Then make any appointments regarding hair before you leave, nails, extensions.

I would get all the appointments booked and out of the way. That way you have all of that slotted in on your calendar and that's done. It's only a matter of showing up.

Once all that is done everything else should just be icing on the cake. Like all the little things that you are needing to get done. All of this was scattered all over the place for me. Whatever I needed to order like bouquets (fake) I ordered whenever I felt like I wanted to shop for them. Gifts and things like that I did while at work shopping through Etsy...haha Actually I did a lot of the online ordering at work. That way the evenings I had were mine. Actually the daytime at work was mine too if you put into consideration that I did my wedding planning at work...hahahaha shhhhhhh

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users