@@LisaAnthonyPoppy @@calgarybride2015 yeah, I've never gotten blisters, but that's what happened to my uncle. It's still pretty painful to walk on it so you always have to wear your sandals until you get to the wet sand. They have little pathways that go down to get you closer to the ocean so you don't have to walk on the hot sand. 

@@LisaAnthonyPoppy That was helpful info you shared! Definitely put me at ease so I can stick with my barefoot sandals  :D

• Like 1

Thought I would add onto this thread as I need some input, please! I'm thinking I should find shoes this spring/summer, otherwise I may be screwed trying to find them next winter, so don't want to wait too long. 

I'm planning to get a short wedding dress. Something like this:

dress inspiration

I'm only 5'3 and my fiance is 6'4, so I want some height and also I have awesome calves :P . For previous brides - are wedges manageable on the sand? I feel like wedge flipflops would be too casual. But heels are impossible, and I don't want flats. Our ceremony is on the beach and our reception is on a wood terrace, so heels might be an issue there as well. 

I saw these at Payless online (I might even do blue, as I am leaning to blue for our wedding color). Another bride on here posted about them, but I don't remember who. What do you ladies think?

shoe inspiration

• Like 1

@@vancouverpetunia My FI is 6'5 and I'm 5'5, so I have a similar footwear predicament.

I'm interested in what you decide and to hear the opinions of the other ladies here. I think those wedges are cute so hopefully they would fare well in the sand.

I'm doing beach ceremony and wood floor reception as well so I have been trying to decide if I have to do barefoot (or flat sandals) for the beach part so would love to hear that wedges are manageable for the whole day :)

Thought I would add onto this thread as I need some input, please! I'm thinking I should find shoes this spring/summer, otherwise I may be screwed trying to find them next winter, so don't want to wait too long. 

I'm planning to get a short wedding dress. Something like this:

I'm only 5'3 and my fiance is 6'4, so I want some height and also I have awesome calves :P . For previous brides - are wedges manageable on the sand? I feel like wedge flipflops would be too casual. But heels are impossible, and I don't want flats. Our ceremony is on the beach and our reception is on a wood terrace, so heels might be an issue there as well. 

I saw these at Payless online (I might even do blue, as I am leaning to blue for our wedding color). Another bride on here posted about them, but I don't remember who. What do you ladies think?

I think it was either Kcole or Meandhim. The shoes look a bit familiar! lol They're so pretty though! check both threads and you'll see if it was either of those ladies.

I think it was either Kcole or Meandhim. The shoes look a bit familiar! lol They're so pretty though! check both threads and you'll see if it was either of those ladies.

I was going to say meandhim for the Payless shoes, but kcole's were very similar as well :)  we spend too much time here don't we? ;)

• Like 1

I was going to say meandhim for the Payless shoes, but kcole's were very similar as well :)  we spend too much time here don't we? ;)

lol when we start remembering shoes... it makes you stop and think! lol But it's because they're so distinctive and I think you're right that it was Meandhim. I looked back at Kristy's and they were different. I'm still trying to decide on mine! I'll get there eventually I hope.

• Like 1

Ah-ha! @@acw271011 and @@calgarybride2015

It was meandhim, but it was the first pair of shoes she bought, and I think she decided to not use them at the wedding. 

@@Meandhim - Sounds like you kept these shoes and decided to wear them for an upcoming wedding (as a guest). Are they comfy? Do you like them?

Edited by vancouverpetunia
  • Like 1