909 replies to this topic

#631 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:41 AM

@TinkerSofi

Just saw this now. Thanks for checking it out for me. I was definately going to go there if it hadn't been for my awesome find this weekend. Now my decision will be finding a veil. But since the store I got my dress in is closing I'm thinking, when I go to pick it up at the end of summer I will see if their veils are on sale even more!

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#632 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:14 PM

Thank you so much for the advice. 

We are looking into getting stencils made. Its not that there is a lot of details on our stencil (actually just one word, Memories) its that we have to cut out the word ourselves and the other night that nearly took us an hour. If we could have a couple stencils made we are hoping we can set up an assembly line and recruit my mom for help to get them done faster. 

I will let you know how round 2 turns out. LOL 

#633 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:23 PM

Thank you so much for the advice.
We are looking into getting stencils made. Its not that there is a lot of details on our stencil (actually just one word, Memories) its that we have to cut out the word ourselves and the other night that nearly took us an hour. If we could have a couple stencils made we are hoping we can set up an assembly line and recruit my mom for help to get them done faster.
I will let you know how round 2 turns out. LOL

I remember way back in the day when I was in kindergarten we used X-ray film to make stencils but now since it's all digital, I'm guessing that stuff is hard to find, but maybe something that has a similar consistency will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#634 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

I seriously adore your dress!! Its so perfect!! Who is the dress by?  I cant wait for your photos now!!

57 Guest

#635 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:52 AM

I seriously adore your dress!! Its so perfect!! Who is the dress by?  I cant wait for your photos now!!

the brand is called sincerity. I don't think it's a well known designer but I didn't care either way, I was looking for a dress that looked nice and that fit my budget :). That brand has a lot of very beautiful dresses

event.png

#636 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:04 PM

@TinkerSofi oh im not about name brands either!! If the dress fits, makes me feel like a million bucks and i dont have to spend a million bucks to get it.. ITS MINE! haha!! Im starting my list of dress designs i have loved and i have yet to see anything like yours!!! STUNNING! :wub:

57 Guest

#637 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:21 PM

@TinkerSofi oh im not about name brands either!! If the dress fits, makes me feel like a million bucks and i dont have to spend a million bucks to get it.. ITS MINE! haha!! Im starting my list of dress designs i have loved and i have yet to see anything like yours!!! STUNNING! :wub:

Exactly!! Sometimes I wonder how some girls can actually tell even what season the dress is from, to me they all look kind of the same haha, as long as it fits, i'm good :)

I loved it because it is super light, the top part is really the heaviest due to the beading, but I can feel the breeze in the bottom :). It really is different than all the other dresses I had seen and it was a nice compromise between a DW dress and a more formal wedding gown. The design I have is called sincerity 3758 but if I had seen their website before finding this one I would have probably tried a lot more of their dresses on :)

I just realized something, the train on the model does not look nearly as long as mine. It probably has to do with the fact that they had to cut 1/4 of the dress to hem it hahah. I still love it though, especially because when it's bustled it's very seamless. 

Edited by TinkerSofi, 30 June 2015 - 12:25 PM.

event.png

#638 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

Oh wow! I like the dress on you a lot better than on the model! There was a thread on here somewhere that had brides in side-by-side pictures in their dress compared to the model. Like 95% of them I thought the dress looked way better on the real bride!

#639 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

Sincerity has some absolutely gorgeous dresses! I found the brand by accident last fall and considered a couple of them. They're also quite reasonably priced. But I'm still happy with the deal that I got! Your's is absolutely beautiful!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#640 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:19 AM

@beckys98 thank you! I just think that a dress also has to fit your personality and that makes a world of a difference on how you carry it, so maybe that's why most of them look better on the brides than on the models :). I think this dress really fits my personality. I was actually telling my mom the other day that I feel like it makes me look smaller and/or younger. When I tried it at the store I felt like a sweet 16 hahah. I'm glad I got a veil because it makes a big difference, it makes me look more like a bride :P

I have a friend who got married a few years ago and she looks super young. One of the people working at the reception asked her sister if she was a child bride hahaha. She was 25 by the way, but her dress also made her look smaller and younger :P 

@acw271011 yes, their prices are so reasonable. I couldn't believe the deal I got on my dress considering all the beading and detail on it :). I can't wait to see your dress on you, it's so beautiful. 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users