909 replies to this topic

#421 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:54 PM

@TinkerSofi Thanks!! The link wouldn't show me the one your purchased but it did send me to the shop's page. Love all the lace!!! I'm definitely going to have look through all of the items tomorrow!  :)

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#422 diadiamond

diadiamond
  • 242 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Varadero
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:58 AM

@TinkerSofi Oh no, so sorry to hear about your dad.  I hope he's okay.  I love your guestbook cards, it's such a great idea.

@TinkerSofi Your weekend sounded really productive!  Your bridesmaids gifts sound really nice.  Don't worry about what your fiance thinks in regards to the gifts.  Men generally don't know anything about wedding etiquette or planning.  My fiance is mostly disinterested in stuff.  He doesn't understand why I'm doing any sort of planning here.  I feel like they just think weddings happen without any sort of work.  

I also need a garter too lol.  I also want to go cheap with the garter as well.  I'm sure your dress fitting will go well =)

I can't believe you're at the 3 month mark already, so exciting!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#423 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

@TinkerSofi Oh no, so sorry to hear about your dad.  I hope he's okay.  I love your guestbook cards, it's such a great idea.

@TinkerSofi Your weekend sounded really productive!  Your bridesmaids gifts sound really nice.  Don't worry about what your fiance thinks in regards to the gifts.  Men generally don't know anything about wedding etiquette or planning.  My fiance is mostly disinterested in stuff.  He doesn't understand why I'm doing any sort of planning here.  I feel like they just think weddings happen without any sort of work.  

I also need a garter too lol.  I also want to go cheap with the garter as well.  I'm sure your dress fitting will go well =)

I can't believe you're at the 3 month mark already, so exciting!

I can't believe it's only 3 months either! I'm starting to freak out a bit. 

I can't wait to be at this appointment. I definitely do not want to be at work today haha

event.png

#424 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

That's really sweet of you to have his sister's in mind. They will appreciate it, i'm sure :)

Yay for high waisted bottoms!! I have been pinning so many on pinterest and going to try some on this summer. They will look so cute!!

Good luck with your alterations.. I totally understand the love for bread. I love carbs so much and my body doesn't haha

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#425 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

That's really sweet of you to have his sister's in mind. They will appreciate it, i'm sure :)

Yay for high waisted bottoms!! I have been pinning so many on pinterest and going to try some on this summer. They will look so cute!!

Good luck with your alterations.. I totally understand the love for bread. I love carbs so much and my body doesn't haha

I think they will. Even though they're  standing on his side they'll probably change with us and I wouldn't feel right giving my bridesmaids something and nothing to them. They are basically my family too now. I'll tackle the groomsmen gifts at some other point. I'll definitely get my brother something because he's my man of honor :) but I don't know how to bring up the subject with Juan haha, since he's so obviously against it. 

You know i really didn't like those bathing suit bottoms when I saw them and I tried it on for giggles basically and then Juan said that I needed to get it and he loved them. There's some out there that are definitely better than others, the ones I got are basically like a one piece cut in half, others are very grandmaish. I got mine from Pink. 

I was just talking to a friend today and telling her I could eat pasta for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day hahah. Of course I'd look like I'm 4 months pregnant all the time so I can't haha. 

I called the place about the bridemaid dresses today and they told me they have been shipped! yay!! I can't wait to see them. 

event.png

#426 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:08 PM

I better check Pink! I usually buy all of my bikinis at Victoria's Secret. I find they always have really cute ones and pretty nice quality too.

I'm laughing at your pasta comment.. I concur. haha

Yay! Really exciting about your bridesmaid dresses :) Your wedding is seriously getting so close. Can't wait to see the results of your planning thread in real life :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#427 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

Yeah I usually buy them from VS too because they fit nicely, they're good quality and they're not too expensive, hence why I ended up with so many haha. 

I'm back from the alteration appointment! yay! So I don't have to change the back to a corset, they'll just let it out a bit around the waist and I should be ok :). It closed so that's good, but after a while it became kind of painful from how tight it was. 

I was also surprised by the price, they're charging me around $290 for the hem, taking out the hips and top, and adding a bustle. I don't know, I thought the price would be much worse. 

event.png

#428 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:14 PM

Yeah I usually buy them from VS too because they fit nicely, they're good quality and they're not too expensive, hence why I ended up with so many haha.

I'm back from the alteration appointment! yay! So I don't have to change the back to a corset, they'll just let it out a bit around the waist and I should be ok :). It closed so that's good, but after a while it became kind of painful from how tight it was.

I was also surprised by the price, they're charging me around $290 for the hem, taking out the hips and top, and adding a bustle. I don't know, I thought the price would be much worse.

Awesome!! Mine was around $320 for similar work :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#429 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:05 PM

@TinkerSofi I'm so glad to hear your alterations turned out well. That's a great price for alterations. It's good their letting it out a bit even if it closed. The last thing you want us to feel pain from wearing it all day!

And I'm sure that although Juan doesn't get it now, he'll appreciate your sentiment to give his sisters presents. All guys can see at this point in the wedding prep is the money being spent but they're not looking at it from a sentimental perspective.

And I agree with you and @perianjay, I love VS swimsuits! I'm so glad they're in Canada now and we can try on the suits. I was always afraid to try on the high waisted suits. I love the look but thought it may accentuate my stomach more!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#430 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

Awesome!! Mine was around $320 for similar work :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we got a pretty good deal :). It's still expensive but after seeing all the work this lady put into just pinning my hem I started wondering how long it takes them to actually do the alterations. That lady is just so patient! 

Are we neighbours yet? 

@TinkerSofi I'm so glad to hear your alterations turned out well. That's a great price for alterations. It's good their letting it out a bit even if it closed. The last thing you want us to feel pain from wearing it all day!

And I'm sure that although Juan doesn't get it now, he'll appreciate your sentiment to give his sisters presents. All guys can see at this point in the wedding prep is the money being spent but they're not looking at it from a sentimental perspective.

And I agree with you and @perianjay, I love VS swimsuits! I'm so glad they're in Canada now and we can try on the suits. I was always afraid to try on the high waisted suits. I love the look but thought it may accentuate my stomach more!

I think once the day arrives he'll see the point of getting them a gift, but now there's no arguing haha. 

For some reason now I'm more stressed about the dress than I was before. I started thinking, what if they do something wrong, what if they cut it more than they should? I know I'm just being paranoid and I should trust the experts.  

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users