#151 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

@TinkerSofi

They so have superstores here but I haven't seen a wholesale one so I thought it might be something different! Thanks for the heads up! Did you use a Circut Machine for your table numbers?

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#152 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

@TinkerSofi

They so have superstores here but I haven't seen a wholesale one so I thought it might be something different! Thanks for the heads up! Did you use a Circut Machine for your table numbers?

I did! ahah, I used the Tie the Knot cartridge for the sign background and Elegant Cakes for the numbers and then glued them on 

event.png

#153 Smellsey

Smellsey
  • 125 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

I think it is completely possible to keep them way under $1000!  Sean and I have been collecting things for a while now. I have been tracking the price and for 28 adults and 6 children (so far, hope the number stays this way), we have only spent $144.50 so far. We do have a few more things to add and pick up, but at the end of it all we are hoping to stay at around $300. 

I should add that we are doing separate guest favours, and we are not counting that price in the OOT bags. 

We have 63 people so that might make a difference in price. We are buying everyone a 7 hour catamaran for $3500 so that is where a huge chunk is going. I am going to buy the sunglasses at logolenses for the wedding favour. I am going to put them on the place settings with a little note about the trip - some cute saying - I haven't decided yet. I would love to do the bags though..

Superstore wholesale - I don't think they have one in WPG either but it sounds awesome!!!

#154 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

Everything looks so nice!  Can't wait to see you emergency tags.  I'm curious to see how you are going to make them.  :)

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#155 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

We have 63 people so that might make a difference in price. We are buying everyone a 7 hour catamaran for $3500 so that is where a huge chunk is going. I am going to buy the sunglasses at logolenses for the wedding favour. I am going to put them on the place settings with a little note about the trip - some cute saying - I haven't decided yet. I would love to do the bags though..

Superstore wholesale - I don't think they have one in WPG either but it sounds awesome!!!

I bet your guests will love the catamaran trip! I love the idea of the sunglasses as well. I originally wanted them for our favours. However, my FI is known for his shot glass collection-although he is not a big drinker at all- and he mentioned the idea of shot glasses for favours, so that is what we are planning on doing. If I were you I wouldnt worry if you dont get to the OOT bags. the 7 hours on a catamaran is more than enough! 

#156 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:41 AM

Ha - I was totally leaning on the "no" side of the fence on OOT bags but we finalized this weekend that we ARE doing them. We're doing personalized (collapsible) koozies that we'll put a Red Stripe beer in, a hangover kit and then some local Jamaican food/candy items. My fiance is Jamaican so this seems appropriate. We'll just stop at the store when we arrive and stock up. Plus our letter and itinerary, of course.

I keep wanting to add things (I originally wanted to do the room key wrist coils and fans) but when I see my budget spreadsheet go up and up and up...I brings me back down to earth :)

Also, you're story about the suit is so cute! We are less than 3 months away and my fiance has given no consideration to what he is going to wear. *sigh*

#157 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

I wish we had Superstore Wholesale here! The only thing we have similar is Costco and they are OK sometimes for deals. Can't wait to see how your emergency kits turn out :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#158 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

I think the Catamaran is also more than enough - that is so awesome! your guests will love it.

Have you considered putting the glasses on their ceremony chairs? Unsure if your ceremony is on the beach, but ours way and it was SOOOO bright. I brought some for the bridal party for 'fun' pictures and noone took them off because of the sun! 

Is the Superstore Wholesale just the 'real canadian superstore' ? or are we talking the 'canadian wholesale'?

I also agree that Costco can be a hit or miss for this OOT type stuff.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#159 Smellsey

Smellsey
  • 125 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:05 AM

We are getting married on the sky deck so I could put them on the ceremony chairs too yes!.. hmm.. now I have to think lol!

#160 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:23 AM

Ha - I was totally leaning on the "no" side of the fence on OOT bags but we finalized this weekend that we ARE doing them. We're doing personalized (collapsible) koozies that we'll put a Red Stripe beer in, a hangover kit and then some local Jamaican food/candy items. My fiance is Jamaican so this seems appropriate. We'll just stop at the store when we arrive and stock up. Plus our letter and itinerary, of course.

I keep wanting to add things (I originally wanted to do the room key wrist coils and fans) but when I see my budget spreadsheet go up and up and up...I brings me back down to earth :)

Also, you're story about the suit is so cute! We are less than 3 months away and my fiance has given no consideration to what he is going to wear. *sigh*

I know, there are things that I totally wanted to do, but then the budget doesn't allow. I still think giving them anything is great anyway, doesn't matter if it's a lot or a little, it's more the thought that counts :)

Juan has been thinking about this suit for ages, looking online at things he liked, etc. In a way it was harder to find his suit than it was to find my dress! haha. He just says that it's an important day and he needs to look good haha. 

I think a 7hr catamaran is more than enough! We got offered to do a private yacht for our guests but it was wayy more per person than what our bags cost us, so needless to say we couldn't afford it haha. As a guest at your wedding, I would be super happy with the catamaran cruise and wouldn't expect anything else. 

I wish we had Superstore Wholesale here! The only thing we have similar is Costco and they are OK sometimes for deals. Can't wait to see how your emergency kits turn out :)

Yeah, Costco is ok but not great. Superstore wholesale wasn't amazing either. They sell a lot of materials for cooking and baking, so for restaurants and things like that and those things are cheaper, but I don't know about everything else. 

I think the Catamaran is also more than enough - that is so awesome! your guests will love it.

Have you considered putting the glasses on their ceremony chairs? Unsure if your ceremony is on the beach, but ours way and it was SOOOO bright. I brought some for the bridal party for 'fun' pictures and noone took them off because of the sun! 

Is the Superstore Wholesale just the 'real canadian superstore' ? or are we talking the 'canadian wholesale'?

I also agree that Costco can be a hit or miss for this OOT type stuff.

I think the glasses on the chairs is a fun idea! We're putting them on the welcome bags because we're not getting married until 2 days before we come back, so I think they'll get more use that way. 

Yeah it's the Real Canadian Superstore, but wholesale :). There's one in the NE and another one by Chinook. 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users