Hi Brides & Brides-to-be,
I was engaged October 29th, 2014 and have just begun my search for the perfect location for my destination wedding. Okay, I lied...I started looking in November but have gotten so overwhelmed I keep finding myself giving up. My search lasts anywhere from 1-4 days and then I get fed up because in that time I realize once again, I have accomplished nothing.
I am hoping I can provide a list of wants and dislikes...and maybe some generous bride or bride-to-be can point me in the right direction?! I realize I am asking a lot but I would really appreciate any advice.
Here we go...
- My fiancés entire family lives in the Vancouver, BC area. More than half of our guests will be flying from Vancouver, the other half from Toronto, ON.
- SOme very important guests are Teachers, therefore we may be looking at March break in order for them to be able to attend.
- I would like a semi-private or private wedding
- I don't want a "cookie-cutter" destination wedding.
- We will have at minimum 2 children at our wedding.
- We are looking at all inclusives only.
- I would love to be married at a resort that doesn’t push 5 weddings through in one day.
- Food is very important to us since half of us are Italian. With that being said, Cuba is out.
- Our rough guest list is 175 people. Of course we know many won’t be able to make it but do expect, at minimum, 50 – 60 guests.
- We are a budget conscious; for both us and our guests. Ideally my guests will pay no more than $1700.
- A resort that is not too far from the airport.
I have contacted several TA's - some via email, some in person - and I stil find I am not getting anywhere. This is likely due to my inability to commit to liking anything! All the pictures look beautiful...how do I differentiate between real and photoshopped?
A Bride-to-be in Distress