#161 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

@Meandhim

Yeah I figured that would be a waste. And I didn't want to spend the money on them either so it's either people use their own cameras or phones or nothing...lol

I am hoping people will use it even if it's just 2 or 3 people I would like to have as many pictures as possible. Also doing a game, printing it off and putting it at each of their seats at the dinner, would maybe entice them to take some pics. I am going to print off a game today and have that much done. I think I left this a little too late but I honestly didn't even know about this until I seen that ad on Facebook.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#162 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:42 AM

@MissJen3 you don't go anywhere... It's not a dumb question... It had me stumped... And I'm not sure if it's right but ... I'd make something up like #jenswedding, search Instagram see if it's been used before if it has find another one that hasn't then just tell people to start using that # and when you search you will see those pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can also make albums on wedpics so people can takes pictures of them getting excited about the wedding now... Or at the airport or on the plane or post old pics of you and your FI

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#163 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

@kcole123 I do believe that you can print the pictures from wedpics as well. Like you I think that as long as some use it it is worth it. I honestly think most of my guests will upload them when we get home. @Meandhim Thank you so much. I feel like I was over thinking that hashtag making process. I appreciate your help. 

#164 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:48 AM

@MissJen3 I was doing the same thing then I asked my brother and he laughed at me!

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#165 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:24 AM

I was just playing around with wedpics again. Turns out there is an invite guests function. You can invite them by phone/email, text, facebook, and ordering app cards. 

#166 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

Yeah and you can also download the photo scavenger hunt game and print it and also little cards telling the guests what to do with the. I am printing them now...lol @MissJen3

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#167 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:27 AM

You can save the pics on wed pics to your pc and print yourself. They also offer a printing service but I can assume it's not the most cost effective. They sent my guests an email after the wedding offering 50% off printing lol

My guests uploaded the pictures once we were home from Mexico. No one uploaded while we were there.

Remember too that a lot of
People will post them to Facebook as well. Most of our guests did this and I saved lots there. I had sooooo many friend requests after Mexico lol

I also wouldn't do the disposable cameras. After the fact everyone had a camera or phone and just shared their pics.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#168 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:57 AM

I thought about doing a #. I'd just search for it and see if it has been used before. You can also use # on facebook and photos can be printed off. I've seen a website where you can print pictures from instagram but i can't remember what it's called. Maybe do a search of that and see what comes up. 

I like the idea of a scavenger hunt. I thought I might print off something for each table and put the hashtag there. 

event.png

#169 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

Hahaha anyway girls once I get something in my head I want it done like yesterday. So I printed these off this morning. They are so neat. Going to place each one at each place setting on each table. Just so people won't be sharing.
Trying to get some things out of the way today. Sending my paperwork to the resort today. Also sending final numbers and requesting to make a payment with the boat today as well.
So looks like this is wedding day.
Oh @Meandhim funny you got those little bathing suit bags because that's what I was going to add for each of the bridesmaids and then that's my shopping done for them. I actually seen them at a local drugstore here in their "summer section" and thought they were so cute. Was going to stop in there today to see if they had more come in because they only had 2 there and I needed 3. They said they are getting more in so let's hope that's soon.

Attached Files

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#170 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

Nice job Kristy! I love your page with the photo scavenger hunt. Cool thing on the wedpics. I'd never heard of it.

I was looking back through your thread Kristy and realized you're going to do the same as me with your rings. I want another band to add to stack them. I'm just trying to decide on the style.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users