546 replies to this topic

#121 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:04 AM

So in her original message it says it will be sent out March 6th. So anyway I heard back from her last night and she ensures me it will be here before I leave and she said she will put a rush on it to ensure that. She said not to worry. I guess maybe wait it out?

Depends how she ships it. Another Edmonton bride ordered rush from china and had something in 4 days! Maybe less. She was shocked.

I would email and ask them what the rushed shipping timeline is. Say that you were promised march 6 which is in 2 days and if she can't guarantee it will arrive you feel she's breeched the contract and you want a refund. Atleast that way maybe you can but off the rack in Edmonton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#122 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

I have had some crazy, messed up nightmares! And as I said before, I really think I am going to lose my composure - as in laughing and not being able to stop!

@kcole123 - What was the approximate arrival date when you purchased the dress? Maybe you can cancel your order on the dress and get a full refund since they are taking longer than they had stated, and in return reuse that money to get a dress locally...or at least closer than China?

Every time I picture "losing my composure" I imagine myself standing at the altar with dark circles under my eyes from not sleeping and laughing/crying like a mad woman hahaha. I'm sure it won't be that bad, but this image cracks me up every time bahaha. 

event.png

#123 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:03 AM

@TinkerSofi, Oh we are hot messes! I'm sure all of us will look stunning on our wedding days. Thankfully, OTC Melatonin helps me sleep :)

I am worried about looking sunburned in my photos! I keep going back and forth on tanning vs spray tan vs tons of sunblock... I know @kcole123 is going tanning. What about you?

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#124 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

Yup getting the tanning now and glad I am. Even though I hate tanning it's the fact it's giving me a bit of color. Adds a nice touch for the wedding.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#125 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:24 AM

a). My nightmares started last week

B). I'm definitely going to be a blubbering mess! I picture all my pictures with me having ugly crying face. That is part of the reason why I don't want a videographer! I don't need to see that...ha

c). Report back on your eyelash extensions! I would love to do this but I'm chicken. I'm definitely going to at least do eyelash tinting but if you have a good experience maybe I'll try it.

d). The bikini wax is well worth it if you're going to be in a bathing suit for a week. It is not fun, I won't lie, but definitely worth it!

#126 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

@beckys98 I will def. let you know how the eye lash extensions go for sure. I can't wait to see what they will look like.

What a minute you are chicken to get eyelash extensions but weren't for the bikini wax? That doesn't sound right..haha

Oh question about the bikini wax: Is there a certain kind of waxing that isn't as painful as another? Stupid question but trying to find out the one I should be asking for when I book. If there is such a thing?

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#127 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

@kcole123 - Good point, but it is a different kind of fear at least! Haha! I'm mostly worried about them looking bad or killing my actual lashes and having bald eyelids at my wedding :)

Yes, I have had 2 different kinds of wax. I have NO CLUE what the technical terms for them are. One where they put the wax one, apply a strip and pull. The other where they apply the wax, it hardens, and then the just pull the wax. To be honest, I think the pain was the same with both. I think some people say the kind without the strip is better. Just make sure you have enough growth (much better to be too long than too short). And take some ibuprofen before you go!

#128 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

@TinkerSofi, Oh we are hot messes! I'm sure all of us will look stunning on our wedding days. Thankfully, OTC Melatonin helps me sleep :)

I am worried about looking sunburned in my photos! I keep going back and forth on tanning vs spray tan vs tons of sunblock... I know @kcole123 is going tanning. What about you?

I'm going the tanning route. If you check out my profile picture you can see that spray tanning will not help me at all, and the sun in August over there is super strong. I'm also bringing tons of sunscreen and putting like a timer to reapply, especially on my face since the nose is the first thing to burn. I'll have to be careful and wear a hat all the time and things like that, but I think with a base tan I should be ok. I do tan, thankfully, but it has to be pretty slow and gradual so I have to hit the tanning bed before going. 

Living in Canada doesn't help. By the time I go to a tropical destination I'm basically as white as I was when I was born haha. When I lived in Argentina you never get that white during the winter, but here winters are very long, and the sun in the summer still isn't as strong. 

@beckys98 I will def. let you know how the eye lash extensions go for sure. I can't wait to see what they will look like.

What a minute you are chicken to get eyelash extensions but weren't for the bikini wax? That doesn't sound right..haha

Oh question about the bikini wax: Is there a certain kind of waxing that isn't as painful as another? Stupid question but trying to find out the one I should be asking for when I book. If there is such a thing?

I would suggest not going for hard wax (the one that they pull off the wax, vs. the one that has a fabric strip). For some reason that seems to hurt more. For hard wax they need to put a thicker layer of wax so it doesn't break when they rip it off, maybe that's why it's more painful. Most places use the one with the fabric strips nowadays. 

You can also take a painkiller like advil before going (something that doesn't thin your blood though), it might help with the pain a little ;) and if you can get recommendations from anyone that would be awesome. There's some people out there that are very good at waxing and it really minimizes the pain, and others not so much, and it hurts more. One day, my aesthetician was sick, but I really needed to get my brazilian done so I went with someone else. She was so rough that I had little bruises down there the next day, and not to mention that it hurt going to the bathroom :(. Not to scare you, but if you hear good things about someone book with them ;)

event.png

#129 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

Ok, I think I am going to go the tanning route, too. That's what I did all of the other times before going to Mexico and never burned...I'd hate to burn on my weddingmoon!

....Waxing.. I want to, but I have a very limited pain threshold... 

This is also a very ridiculous question (it's ok to laugh), how do they do a bikini wax...or more? Do you just lay down butt naked and then they pour hot wax on you and rip it off???

PS my cup photos are posted!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#130 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:12 PM

Ok, I think I am going to go the tanning route, too. That's what I did all of the other times before going to Mexico and never burned...I'd hate to burn on my weddingmoon!

....Waxing.. I want to, but I have a very limited pain threshold... 

This is also a very ridiculous question (it's ok to laugh), how do they do a bikini wax...or more? Do you just lay down butt naked and then they pour hot wax on you and rip it off???

PS my cup photos are posted!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

It depends where you go but if you get normal bikini (no brazilian) you can usually just move your underwear to one side and they'll wax that part. 

For bazilian, in some places they'll put a towel on you and move the towel around to only show the part they're waxing, but essentially yes, you're naked haha. It is kind of awkward the first time :P, I prefer going to younger aestheticians, otherwise I picture my mom and I can only imagine what she'd be thinking hahaha, it just makes it that much more awkward. Also, at some points you have to get into really weird positions haha (like lifting your leg up, etc) but I keep thinking "they see this all the time". The girl I go to says that it's really not a big deal to her, it's just her job. 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users