My Final Week To Do List:

*Pack
    *Hair Appointment
    *Nail Appointment
    *Get passports out of safe deposit box
    *notarized letter for Lauren
    *Send an email to all our guests with travel tips/reminders
    *download wedding photo app & add all guests
    *Call cell company to notify of international travel and ensure no additional fees
    *Call Credit Card Company to notify of international travel dates
    *Call Bank to notify of international travel dates
    *Get cash 1's, 5's, & 10's for tips
    *Confirm airport transport company pick up time
    *unplug everything before we leave & turn ac up

Hope that helps
    We are sooooooooooo EXCITED!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#372 mexiwedding

mexiwedding
    • 39 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:47 PM

@lizzjameson You are AWESOME!!!! Thank you :) Which photo app did you decide on? We are using Wedpics and added our password to our programs so hopefully guests will participate.

What is your notarized letter for? (sorry if I am being nosy - just want to make sure it isn't something I have forgotten to do)

Soooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!! 

#373 lizzjameson

lizzjameson
      • 66 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:21 AM

Wedpics is the one we are using too. We're really hoping our friends and family will just bombard us with all their pics throughout their trip!

The notarized letter is for my daughter. She's flying there and back with my parents and TSA requires she carry a notarized letter with her passport authorizing her to travel with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#374 robynm10

robynm10
        • 23 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 19, 2017
        • Wedding Location:The Finest, Playa Mujeres
        • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:49 PM

Just returned from our site visit and it went great! We had our tasting which was of cold and hot apps and then we tasted the Carribbean Oasis buffet and everything was truly delicious. We were very impressed with the level of food.

We also decided to switch our ceremony venue from the beach to the stone gazebo. Viviana said that if we rented chairs (which we intended on doing anyways) that they are able to fit more people at that location for the ceremony, approximately 60ish.

We switched our cocktail and reception venue from Las Dunas and the beach to the new platform they are building that is on the north side of the property and very private. Las Dunas is beautiful and so is that beach area but we were going to put a floor down for the entire reception but we wouldnt have to do that for the new platform. The new platform overlooks the beach, has an uncovered deck area, and a covered deck area with a thatched roof. It also has two dedicated bathrooms within feet of the reception, where as Las Dunas you have to walk to the bathrooms below the Sky Deck.

Hope this helps!

#375 mexiwedding

mexiwedding
        • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:09 PM

@robynm10 Wow a new platform?!?!! That's so awesome- do you happen to have any pictures? Is the view as nice as the view from Sky Bar? Thanks so much for the information! When is your big day??

#376 robynm10

robynm10
          • 23 posts
          • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:52 AM

@mexiwedding The new platform is only a few feet off the ground, but it is probably about 20-30 feet from the water so you are raised enough to have a pretty view. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take pictures. It is still under construction though, and they are slated to have their first wedding there at the end of May. Viviana said she would pass along pics afterwards, and I will post them on here. We are getting married May, 19th 2017. How about yourself?

#377 mexiwedding

mexiwedding
          • 39 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:58 AM

@robynm10 Awesome! Thanks for the info. I am getting married June 5, 2016 - SO CLOSE!!! 

#378 robynm10

robynm10
            • 23 posts
            • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:04 AM

@mexiwedding So soon!!! It will be amazing. The resort is just breathtaking.

#379 emmycita

emmycita
            • 8 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 16, 2016
            • Wedding Location:Finest Playa Mujeres
            • LocationToronto

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:11 AM

@robynm10 Thanks for the info!  Do you recall if it was really windy during the evenings at Dunas? Just wondering if we'll be able to have candles on the tables. 

Finest Playa Mujeres May 16th 2016!

#380 jmyers310

jmyers310
            • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:11 PM

Hi all!
              We are looking to book our wedding for May 2017. We are trying to finalize our room block to secure our date. We were just told we had to put 15% down on the 30 room block total, in cash or bank check at time of signature! Is this the only way to secure our date?
              Did everyone have to do this as well?
              Thanks in advance!!

Edited by jmyers310, 04 May 2016 - 06:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users