GingerBride

Canadian Brides In Mexico

I am also thinking of just the symbolic in Mexico and doing the legal part before the trip. Does anyone know if your doing a symbolic ceremony can we decide what we want the person doing the ceremony to say? Or can we even have our own friend/family member do the ceremony? Pretty new to all this so Not sure if this is resort specific as well...

I am also thinking of just the symbolic in Mexico and doing the legal part before the trip. Does anyone know if your doing a symbolic ceremony can we decide what we want the person doing the ceremony to say? Or can we even have our own friend/family member do the ceremony? Pretty new to all this so Not sure if this is resort specific as well...

It is my understanding that unlike the legal ceremony that must follow exact wording and is performed in Spanish (with an option for translation), the symbolic ceremony can be written however the couple chooses. Of you don't have your own script they will provide a standard one, but you can be as creative as you want (I'm assuming it can't be a 2 hr ceremony or anything or you will be charged more for the officiants time. But standard 1/2 hr or less can be however you like.

We are doing the legal at home after our DW on the day we are doing our AHR (my dad is ordained so he can officiate).  We didn't want to have to get the blood work or have to get our marriage license translated and this way my dad can be father of the bride in Mexico and yet legally marry me at home! Because we are doing symbolic, our resort is letting us use our own officiant for the ceremony. There is no discount to our package for that, but we figured we may as well have someone we know do the ceremony! 

Yes that would be really special to have someone close to you do the ceremony!

Do people generally tell guests that they aren't getting legally married at their destination or just some ? I know this is totally personal preference but I'm totally torn on the subject..

@@kimmyd2 I'm not mentioning it unless someone specifically asks. I read a comment on here that works really well when people ask if we're going to get married ahead or after - We're getting married in Mexico, but we will register our marriage before (or after). Signing the certificate is just a formality.

@@kimmyd2 I'm not mentioning it unless someone specifically asks. I read a comment on here that works really well when people ask if we're going to get married ahead or after - We're getting married in Mexico, but we will register our marriage before (or after). Signing the certificate is just a formality.

@@kimmyd2 Yeah, we've told people that we're signing the papers here for legal reasons. We had someone ask whether we would do anything here when we get married before we leave (they're not coming to Mexico with us). I told them that we weren't sure yet, although we know it will just be our immediate family and we will probably just have lunch or dinner after but that's it. I think it's still an important date but I really don't need the stress of another event, plus it really takes away from the main thing which is our DW :)

Welcome to our forum community, GingerBride, and Congrats on your upcoming Mexican wedding!!! as you can see from your fellow brides' comments here, there are wedding couples choosing both options  - so it's really up to you, and which one you prefer.

Here's one of those magical wedding "moment that matters" to inspire you further......enjoy :)

392205_10150420303654487_199310352_n.jpg

you can see more from this album here: Barcelo Colonial Resort Wedding

Wishing you all the best with your plans, and happy research! team MTM :)

That is a really good response to peoples questions I like that.  

Dear GingerBride,

Welcome to the community. You have certainly come to the right place to find out information.

Many people have the civil legal part of their wedding in their home country..and then the symbolic romantic part of the ceremony elsewhere.

And couldn't have chosen a more romantic setting...Mayan Riviera,white sands,tourquoise waters,balmy breeze,palm trees and the beautiful language

of Spanish...

Here are some photos to get you imagination flowing..

sml_gallery_277385_17854_35397.jpgsml_gallery_277385_17832_146119.jpgsml_gallery_277385_17835_161949.jpgsml_gallery_277385_17849_65694.jpg

sml_gallery_277385_17771_136761.jpgsml_gallery_277385_17830_193582.jpgsml_gallery_277385_17803_264586.jpgsml_gallery_277385_17792_1945247.jpg

Also as the Mayan Riviera is steeped in Traditions,mistique,spiritual and magic many brides opt to have a

Traditional Symbolic Mayan Ceremony

Let me know if you need anymore information...

Happy Planning

Regards
Alexis