Photo

Tulum Late Nights? Wedding After Party Spots?

tulum weddings latenights

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KBNYC

KBNYC
  • 2 posts
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hello all, 

I am brand new to wedding planning, and in need of some advice. 

I have always known that I wanted a wedding in Riviera Maya (as does he, thankfully!) but am still debating between Tulum and Playa Del Carmen.

For wedding purposes, I am absolutely in LOVE with La Zebra in Tulum- a dream location. My hesitation lies in that the crew I am bringing down with me, 30-40 people, are quite the partiers (not in the wild sense, but in the longevity sense- dont worry, no spring breaker types here!....But, that being said I can't just stop the party at 11pm with this bunch).

It doesn't appear as if Tulum would have any places for an after-wedding party; am I wrong about this? If this is the case, I am leaning towards Playa, such that we can keep the party going afterwards. Granted, I would still absolutely enjoy a Playa wedding, but I am REALLY in love with Tulum and seeking ideas as per how I can keep my lively family and fiance happy for a few extra hours, post wedding :) 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

#2 Lalachka

Lalachka
  • 23 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:44 PM

Hello all, 

I have always known that I wanted a wedding in Riviera Maya (as does he, thankfully!) but am still debating between Tulum and Playa Del Carmen.

For wedding purposes, I am absolutely in LOVE with La Zebra in Tulum- a dream location. My hesitation lies in that the crew I am bringing down with me, 30-40 people, are quite the partiers (not in the wild sense, but in the longevity sense- dont worry, no spring breaker types here!....But, that being said I can't just stop the party at 11pm with this bunch).

It doesn't appear as if Tulum would have any places for an after-wedding party; am I wrong about this? If this is the case, I am leaning towards Playa, such that we can keep the party going afterwards. Granted, I would still absolutely enjoy a Playa wedding, but I am REALLY in love with Tulum and seeking ideas as per how I can keep my lively family and fiance happy for a few extra hours, post wedding :)

Hey Kelly! :)

#3 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
  • Vendor
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

Hello all, 

I am afraid to say that all Tulum closes early, restaurants and bars, at 11pm everything is dead, also if you want to get a beer you have to loo for it at the town, not in the turistic area, why don't you start early? well I am sure you already exored this option, Cheers!!! and good luck with your planning!

#4 beckys98

beckys98
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

Does the resort not have an onsite "disco"? One of the resorts we were looking at in Jamaica does not, and we excluded it for that reason. Similarly, there is no way on earth our group is going to be done at 11pm but I also didn't want to worry about taking people off-resort after they'd been drinking all day. I knew we'd have only a small group who would be willing to do that, but we'll probably get most people to come to the onsite disco. So it was a big factor in our location decisions!

If it makes any difference - Playa del Carmen is also way closer to the airport so that'll be less total travel time for your guests!

Congrats on your engagement and happy planning!

#5 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,506 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

If you were willing to change your resort not only does my resort have a disco but one of their wedding reception locations can be used until 6am. For a charge of course. If you are curious let me know. It's by tulum and Akumel.

Playa del Carmen has coco bongos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 29 September 2014 - 10:03 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#6 KBNYC

KBNYC
    • 2 posts
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

Hey Kelly! :)

Hey girl! Thanks for the site recommendation! Loving that we are getting married in the same area, we can bounce ideas off of each other :) xoxo

I am afraid to say that all Tulum closes early, restaurants and bars, at 11pm everything is dead, also if you want to get a beer you have to loo for it at the town, not in the turistic area, why don't you start early? well I am sure you already exored this option, Cheers!!! and good luck with your planning!

I don't mind going into town! Any ideas there? Thank you so much! xoxo

Does the resort not have an onsite "disco"? One of the resorts we were looking at in Jamaica does not, and we excluded it for that reason. Similarly, there is no way on earth our group is going to be done at 11pm but I also didn't want to worry about taking people off-resort after they'd been drinking all day. I knew we'd have only a small group who would be willing to do that, but we'll probably get most people to come to the onsite disco. So it was a big factor in our location decisions!

If it makes any difference - Playa del Carmen is also way closer to the airport so that'll be less total travel time for your guests!

Congrats on your engagement and happy planning!

It does not, unfortunately :( I am happy you responded- I was wondering if I was putting too much empahsis on an "after party" in choosing my location, so its nice to hear that others often have the same concerns. I just want us all to have fun. and I know my group will party into the night! 

Congrats to you as well! Thank you! 

If you were willing to change your resort not only does my resort have a disco but one of their wedding reception locations can be used until 6am. For a charge of course. If you are curious let me know. It's by tulum and Akumel.

Playa del Carmen has coco bongos.

By all means, spill the beans! :) 

Edited by KBNYC, 29 September 2014 - 09:53 PM.

#7 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,506 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya /Mayan Beach. You can extend the reception in the palapa until 6am. You just pay open bar per person! And then I guess DJ if you plan to have one! They also have a disco.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#8 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
    • Vendor
    • 183 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

@KBNYC I meant all is closed even city, what Its open is the places where you may get beers after 11, but you may not count them with one of your finger hands :(

#9 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
      • Vendor
      • 183 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

@KBNYC I meant all is closed even city, what Its open is the places where you may get beers after 11, but you may not count them with one of your finger hands :(

#10 spjwedding

spjwedding
        • 157 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 6, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Zama Beach Club
        • LocationIsla Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

@KBNYC Will La Zebra not allow you to buy extra time with the DJ? When I looked into Tulum most places required the hotel buy-out so you could party as long as you wanted (with extended services and DJ time of course). If you want to avoid the cost, you'll haev to go to a large resort or city for a club after party I think. We're honeymooning in Tulum in Dec. and can't wait :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tulum, weddings, latenights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users