Photo

Keep your valuables at Home!

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#71 Jen_S

Jen_S
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:42 AM

This is really sad I feel for the families/guest that have had things stolen. Keep in mind this can happen at any hotel anywhere. When staying at a hotel they have people who can get in the safe. My last trip to Australia we accidently messed up our code and they were in our safe within 1 min. So when traveling you just need to be careful.
    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#72 SandyW

SandyW
    • 26 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

I am not bringing my engagement ring - at first I was really upset about it, but my FI is just too worried-more about me than the ring- no need for that type of temptation. I will be telling my guests to leave valuables at home!

#73 boston_012

boston_012
      • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

That sucks... but honestly, who would leave so much property/cash around? Better yet, who would bring that much to Mexico at all?

Crime is always the fault of the criminal, but that's no excuse for not using common sense.

If you must bring such things with you abroad, keep it on your person, at all times.

#74 KLK

KLK
        • 205 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:36 AM

Thank you for sharing and warning us all, i have a story myself...

I was recently in Riviera Maya (EDR) at a wedding and unfortunately did not lock my purse/cash up in the safe because i put the "do not disturb" sign on the door & thought it would be ok and no one would enter...but when i returned that evening, all my cash was gone!!!

Luckly, it was the day of the wedding, so i had all my equipment with me...but it was a total bummer and a sour end to our trip!!!

#75 alliegrenier

alliegrenier
          • 41 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

We went to Mexico years ago, not for a DW, just for fun. We went snorkling with a large group. Nothing was missing or stolen when we got back on the boat, but when a friend got home, he found multiple charges on his credit card from that day that he didn't make. The only thing we could figure was someone got his CC info out of his wallet while we were in the water and then put it back so we didn't notice. Luckily he was able to disput the claim. Unfortunately, you can take all the precautions you'd like, but if someone is sneaky enough they will get what they want.

Very sad.

#76 ncruz06

ncruz06
            • 152 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:04 AM

So sad mexico is going down hill

#77 mckievme

mckievme
              • 183 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Really old thread, but a very helpful read nonetheless! Hopefully bringing this back up helps remind brides headed out for their DW's to be mindful about the safety of their belongings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users