Just Need To Vent..

So, my FI has a great opportunity - a job promotion. 

BUT, that means moving to another state... THIS OCTOBER!

I am so happy for him... but man, with a wedding in April... goodness gracious! Talk about stress!

What are your additional stresses on top of wedding planning???

• Like 1

:huh: Ugh moving... as if wedding planning isn't stressful enough.

I completely understand, in addition to getting married I must apply for my fiance visa. I'm Canadian and my fiance is American. Dealing with the stress of going through the process plus moving my life from one country to another is enough to make me want to pull out my hair!  :wacko:  And to top it off once I enter the USA with my visa we have 90 days to get married!!! Therefore it is very difficult to predict when I will actually have my visa, so choosing an exact wedding date is practically impossible until I know for sure that my visa is ready! I'm hoping I can move in February and get married in April which is the off season for tourism in Florida where we plan to get married on the beach... crossing my fingers everything goes to plan.

This weekend reality hit me and I kind of went into freak out mode! I'm just hoping I do not become a bridezilla  :blink:

In the meantime... Wine helps! Cheers! 

I can relate @@pddcmc. My FI lives in a different city and is looking to relocate to my home town. The stressful part is that he owns a house with his siblings and needs to fix up, and sell that place first before we can even think about moving in together. ! It also doesnt help that one of his siblings doesnt see the urgency in selling. The stress is overwhelming at times

I am right there with ya!  We will have to move 30 days before our wedding!  It was better than having to move right now with everything going on (selling a house, fiance moving his business, death in the family, not to mention work and normal life etc.) oh and did I mention we just got a puppy this weekend and my fiance had to go out of town right after!

This is my longest relationship ever and within the past 6 months I have really realized how entwined our lives were going to be.  Kind of new to me it makes the hard things easier and his rough times easier as well.  

Thank goodness for wine, cheers!

I can relate @@pddcmc. My FI lives in a different city and is looking to relocate to my home town. The stressful part is that he owns a house with his siblings and needs to fix up, and sell that place first before we can even think about moving in together. ! It also doesnt help that one of his siblings doesnt see the urgency in selling. The stress is overwhelming at times

I can relate to this one!  My fiance still owes a house with his ex and finally are selling it.  He spent 2 weeks and almost $20,000 to fix it up without her help at all.  Fingers crossed it sells super quickly!!

@@Sabes44 At times I feel almost needy about the whole house situation. In the sense that I just want this part to be over and looking ahead to our future and our house together. My FI has been renovating and working his butt off to get the property on the market and because he is focused on that he spends little time thinking about thebwedding. Which is understandable, but at times hard because parts of the wedding I am planning on my own and I didnt want that.

@@pddcmc thanks for starting this thread. Ahaha. Its almost like therapy for me!

@@Sabes44 At times I feel almost needy about the whole house situation. In the sense that I just want this part to be over and looking ahead to our future and our house together. My FI has been renovating and working his butt off to get the property on the market and because he is focused on that he spends little time thinking about thebwedding. Which is understandable, but at times hard because parts of the wedding I am planning on my own and I didnt want that.

@@pddcmc thanks for starting this thread. Ahaha. Its almost like therapy for me!

I totally understand @@MissJen3!!  The only time we spent together in the past 2 weeks was working on the house for the whole weekend, while his ex did nothing.  In her defense she had a baby a few months ago and lives an hour away.  But she will still be getting 1/2 the profit.  I can't wait till it is all over and we can move on with our life and our stuff.  Our wedding plans have been on the back burner since this house project started.  

I totally understand @@MissJen3!!  The only time we spent together in the past 2 weeks was working on the house for the whole weekend, while his ex did nothing.  In her defense she had a baby a few months ago and lives an hour away.  But she will still be getting 1/2 the profit.  I can't wait till it is all over and we can move on with our life and our stuff.  Our wedding plans have been on the back burner since this house project started.

I am glad that I didnt sound too selfish. Just want to close this chapter and start the next!
  • Like 1