• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Chrysta

• 169 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire - Cancun
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

With a destination wedding its totally do-able! Most resorts have "packages" that are already put together for you =0) Good luck!

#12 tarynh86

• 151 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:dreams punta cana
  • Locationontario Canada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

7 months is totally doable

#13 NotSoWitty

• 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

Thanks guys, you're making me feel loads better!I'm sure I'll be on here a good bit in the months to come. :)

#14 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

We are doing it in 9 months for 40+.  And I feel it's too much time, I hate waiting!! lol!!  The only nice thing about more time is that your guests can work out details, save money, etc.  And that you get better options of wedding dates at your resort, etc.

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#15 NotSoWitty

• 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

We aren't having guests and I guess a lot of my panicking was me trying to reconcile what I have had in my head for years about weddings (the long timeline, the stress, the huge expense) and what we are doing. We waited almost a month to actually book the trip and now we've booked our holiday, our photographer and officiant and I've been wedding dress shopping. We decided not to go through a wedding planner because we want to keep everything super simple. So far the biggest stress has been wedding dress shopping yesterday - I found two perfect dresses, both over budget and now I have to decide whether to go for the most amazing vintage dress ever or get the one I was originally thinking of (and still love, the other perfect dress was very similar to it) made in China for around a third of the price. 

Once I narrow down and book my hair and makeup and decide where we are going to go for dinner the night of, we are pretty much done with the Mexico details. I almost can't believe how stress-free it's all been!

#16 Tatimrivera

• 156 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 10, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
      • LocationEither lobby or lazy river

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

OMG similar thing we went through. We went on vacation in October 2013 and I said we need to just do it (get married). We've been engaged since 06/10 and it's just about time. We had 12 mos but nothing we couldn't do in 7mos. Just write down everything you would like and realistically match that to your budget. It'll be awesome and DWs are suppose to be easier.
      Good Luck :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users