EDR Not Splitting into 2 Resorts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bre

• 205 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:28 AM

During our site visit in May to the EDR, the staff mentioned the hotel was splitting the Casita's into their own resort. I've also seen some mentions of this on the forum.

I asked my travel agent (Christine from DestinationWeddings.com) about it. The following is the response she received yesterday from Karisma.

"Hi Christine,

Thanks very much for your email. This was something the hotel was
    considering doing in the past but not any more. The hotel will not be
    split into two. If this decision were ever to change, it would not
    impact any existing groups so there is no need for your bride to worry.
    Thanks for checking and for your support of Karisma Hotels!

Warm Regards,

Faith Wishnie
    Director of Wedding Services
    Karisma Marketing, LLC "

Bre & Pete
    January 19, 2008
    El Dorado Royale

#2 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:49 AM

Thats interesting. I just came back from there last week and they told us that the two are splitting.

#3 bre

• 205 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:13 PM

Jilly-- your post is what made me think of it again! Makes me wonder... b/c she did kind of leave the door open that it could happen...
        Bre & Pete
        January 19, 2008
        El Dorado Royale

#4 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:50 PM

maybe thats why she said that nothing would change for existing groups? so that people wouldn't worry about it? They didn't really specify to us when it was splitting, I think it was when we did the tour of the presidential casitas and the infinity casitas that they told us.

Honestly, there really isn't really much in the casita section that you would use if you were staying on the other side of the resort anyway. All of the pools on the casita side are private to each section and I think there is only one restaurant and one regular bar in that section, so its not like anyone would be missing out on stuff by not being able to go over there.

But I guess for you having your wedding there the concern would be that if you were staying in the casitas and your guests on the other side, they wouldn't really be able to come over and hang out with you. If it does happen I really don't think it will be done before you go anyway, it sounded like it was still being worked on.

#5 kitesurf_bride

• 28 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

Just got back from my wedding at EDR (will post a full report soon!) but they said that are NOT splitting the resort.

#6 brigopens

• 247 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

I'm not sure they know. Within the past month, Valeria told me that they were splitting but that the timeline was TBD. They've always guaranteed it would not have an effect on preplanned groups.

I'll let you know once I find out more when we're there in 18 DAYS!!!
              Our Bridal Party in Mexico

#7 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

Yeah it doesn't sound like they have any idea!! Or maybe some employees don't know and they're still telling people this!

It seems strange that they told us they were splitting 2 weeks ago and they told (kitesurebride, sorry don't know your name) that they are not last week.

I think I said this before, but even if it does split, theres not a whole lot on the casita side that anyone would be missing out on, so I wouldn't worry about it effecting any of your plans.

#8 MandyBlue Eyes

MandyBlue Eyes
                • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

I heard this too....and some of the travel books are advertising the hotel this way now too!!!! hmmm

#9 BandE2008

• 228 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

This debate is still occurring
                    i don't think anyone (even them) know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users