beautiful pictures!

#12 Feath07

Feath07
  • 48 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:DR - Punta Cana

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

@Meandhim

do you happen to have a contact email of the WC at the resort?  I still have not heard back from them and really want to get in touch regarding questions I have and who to contact for group rates.  i'm doing this all on my own without a TA and it definitely is quite frustrating and a lot of work for sure.  :(   

Thanks!

#13 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

@Meandhim

do you happen to have a contact email of the WC at the resort?  I still have not heard back from them and really want to get in touch regarding questions I have and who to contact for group rates.  i'm doing this all on my own without a TA and it definitely is quite frustrating and a lot of work for sure.  :(   

Thanks!

weddings.bavaro@palladiumhotelgroup.com. She does take awhile to get back to you they are very busy this time of the year. Friday is the best day to email her, it seems she gets back to you faster on Fridays. Have you tried the resort website for group sales. Doing it without a TA!? You are braver then me!

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#14 MrandMrsBonitto2016

MrandMrsBonitto2016
  • 321 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 14, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic~Kukua/ Staying at Dreams Palm Beach
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

@Feath07 You should try Wright Travel Agency. They are amazing. And you don't pay them a thing, they have awesome reviews on this site. Check them out!!!! Save yourself the stress:)

Future Mrs. Bonitto 12/14/16

30ag12yqu333h.png

#15 Feath07

Feath07
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

@MrandMrsBonitto2016 Thanks so much!

#16 colivia

colivia
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

If you are looking for a private ceremony on a beach then I suggest looking into a couple venues that are off the resorts. My gf and her husband were married at the Jellyfish restaurant in Punta Cana in February 2013. It was gorgeous!! The ceremony was on the beach, and the reception was on the first floor of the 2 story open air restaurant. Guests stayed at the Majestic Elegance and were shuttled to the venue. It was a magical night! Here is the link to the Jellyfish http://www.jellyfish...om/gallery.html

My fiancé and I are getting married this December at the Kukua Resturant Beach Club in Punta Cana. It is also directly on the beach. (We didn't want to choose the same. venue as my gf & her hubby) We will be renting out the entire venue for the day so our ceremony and reception will be completely private and free from gawkers. Bego, the wedding coordinator, has been fabulous to work with!! We and our guests will be staying at Now Larimar. Patty and Kristen with Wright Travel Agency helped us narrow down our choice to Now Larimar. We couldn't have done it without them. They are awesome!!!! They were also the TA's for my gf Jenn's wedding. Here is the link for Kukua's website and their Facebook page: http://kukuarestaurantpuntacana.com and https://www.facebook...kukua.puntacana

One other venue we looked into in Punta Cana is Hurcan Cafe. It looks just as gorgeous as Jellyfish and Kukua based on the photos we have seen. Here is a link from Katya Nova's photography blog about a wedding they shot at Huaracan cafe. http://www.katyanova...lexandra-tyler/

Good luck with narrowing down your location!!

#17 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
  • 288 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Bavaro Resorts & Spa- Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

Good luck with your planning. I booked my wedding without a TA as well. I emailed several times and didn't get responses. I called and finally got in contact with Carolina and booked via phone. After that, I have had no problems with email communication. 

#18 KathyandEthan

KathyandEthan
  • 170 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
  • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

good luck and happy planning!

#19 Feath07

Feath07
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

@colivia Thanks so much!  Do you know if any of those venues can accommodate a large group of people?  We will most likely have over 100 guests and I would like to have my reception on solid ground, rather than on the beach/in the sand.

#20 colivia

colivia
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

@Feath07 Kukua and Jellyfish can both hold over 100 guests.  I'm not sure about Huracan Caf√©.  Bego, the wedding coordinator at Kukua, can be reached at kukuabeachclub@Hotmail.com.  She is absolutely wonderful to work with!!!  I don't have the contact info for the Jellyfish.  Amore, the wedding planner at Huracan Cafe, can be reached at gmail.com'>amoreweddingspuntacana@gmail.com.  Good luck with planning!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users