Sign in to follow this  
lhills

Feather Vs. Brooch Bouquets

Hi ladies, I'm looking for some help, the FI and I can't seem to agree on which style of bouquet looks better. I find this hilarious, mostly because I didn't think he'd care. I'm a bit concerned though, maybe he's right, I thought I'd ask for an unbiased opinion.

Here are the two bouquets I created:

post-277336-0-31974900-1396013074_thumb.jpg

This is the feather bouquet, I love the curled feather look and I think it goes well with our funky dia de los muertos theme. While I think the elegance of a floral bouquet is nice.... It's just not "me" or "us". My fi prefers this bouquet, he thought it was perfect as is (although I felt it still needed work).

post-277336-0-34678500-1396013237_thumb.jpg

I love, love, LOVE the brooch bouquet look, yesterday I was browsing Michael's (I'm a regular there these days) and noticed they were having a 40% off sale on all jewelry items. I noticed one brooch I liked and it quickly snowballed out of control... Right out of control, ugh. This is the end result, which in my mind is not complete, I think it needs more. I tried to incorporate a few of the feather flowers I'd made, just to keep the fi happy, lol.

On another note, I think my fi got a little jealous of all the feather work I've been doing. We're both avid fly fishermen/women (that's how we met), so he pulled out his vice last night and made his own boutonniere, here's a pic of his "first prototype".

post-277336-0-61033600-1396013094_thumb.jpg

So ladies, please, help us settle this disagreement! Which bouquet do you like better, and go easy on me, I'm not usually the creative type, the brooch boquet is really only about 75% done, but I didn't want to put any more effort into it if I'm heading down the wrong path. HELP!

P.S. Don't tell me what you think I want to hear, I like honesty! In the end I'll probably just do what I want anyway, but I still want to know what others think, lol.

I'm so jealous! I wanted a Dia de Los muertos theme so bad! My family would have revolted. Although we are sneaking in a hidden things.

As far as your bouquets I kind of like the looseness of the feathers on the first one vs the uniformity of the second one.

Like you said you are still working on the brooch one I think you'll be able to find a balance between the two that is perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback @@rvalenka!

Funny you mention the family revolting... I wonder what some thought of our sugar skull invites, lol! The ones in my family that would have thought poorly of it aren't coming anyway. ;) I say you should go for it, it's your wedding, do it up the way you want to!

We are sneaking some stuff in. We did some sugar skull envelope liners, the bridal party will have sugar skull anklets and we bought this awesome cake serving set. post-274900-139605258461_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

post-277336-139742950668_thumb.jpg

Another attempt... I decided on a mix between feather and brooch and I really dig the outcome! This is my bouquet, my bridesmaids will have similar only with black and white feathers with a turquoise brooch in the centre.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks great!