20 replies to this topic

#11 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

you could try romance1@meliacaribetropical.com or romance2@meliacaribetropical.com

These are the two I have responses from. The romance 1 is Jennifer Simon.

The romance 2 is Heinciy Santana. Not sure if this is the correct way or if it's the other way around. Also hopefully these people still have these addresses. The last time I contacted them was 2 months ago.

Good luck.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#12 tdrobbins

tdrobbins
  • 5 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, Domincan Republic

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

I was looking at this resort as an option but opted not to since we wanted an outside photographer (and we are too cheap to pay the fee) and also because guests who are not staying at the resort would have to buy a pass to get to the wedding. I have a couple of guests who are entertaining the idea of staying at a different resort and I didn't want to add more to their expenses. Other than those things, though, it looks like a beautiful place and I like how they included the wedding expense calculator! In fact, my mother is still insisting we have our wedding there, ha ha ha.

@gigglescastellanos24 This is the email I used to contact them: melia.caribe.tropical@melia.com

#13 gigglescastellanos24

gigglescastellanos24
  • 13 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Royalton Punta Cana

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

@tdrobbins Thank you!! My fiance and I have actually decided on Royalton Punta Cana. We have placed our deposit already...Happy Planning!

#14 roxy2matty

roxy2matty
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:01 AM

Hi Ladies!

I'm planning a summer 2015 wedding at Melia Caribe. So far we haven't finalized anything but I've been researching like crazy trying to find photos and videos from past weddings. Does anyone have any helpful sites or links for hair/makeup, etc?

#15 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:37 AM

Hey @roxy2matty

you are getting married at Melia too. Yay

What things have you done so far? do you have a date booked yet? What month are you thinking. It's so nice to find someone else getting married at this resort too. There aren't too many of us on this forum getting married at this resort.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#16 Ady

Ady
    • 2 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 10, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe Tropical
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:02 PM

Hey @kcole123!

I'm a new bride for a summer wedding (June 10, 2015) over at the Melia Caribe Tropical, Punta Cana

Question: I'm having the hardest of time trying to get a hold of the wedding coordinators, in order to get started on the details, and so is the agency that I made all of my travel arrangements with 

Any tips, advise that may help me?

Thank you

#17 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

@Ady

Well I have only contacted the co-ordinators a couple of times so far. Basically to secure my date and then they sent me my wedding package information.

I find it def. takes a couple days to get back to you maybe even up to a week.

Who have you emailed?

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#18 Cablelove11

Cablelove11
    • 66 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 20, 2016

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:09 AM

I'm trying to decide which resort to choose in the DR. Do any of you ladies have the most recent packaging information? Also how many guests do you plan on having? And what's your estimated wedding cost?

#19 vfosho

vfosho
    • 3 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 28, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe Tropical Punta Cana, DR
    • LocationTexas

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

Hey Ladies!

I am actually super excited I stumbled upon this site. I have planned to get married at Melia Caribe Tropical on may 28th 2016. I know I am a year later but, all of your posted information has already made me feel better. Kristy, are you still responding to speak about your experience? It looks like you had yours already? I was looking at the Fairy Tale Tropical passage with the beach gazeebo and then the tropical event center for the reception. However the boat concept that was mentioned on here was very interesting!

Did anyone end up shipping extra items to the hotel prior to the wedding? Or how did the outiside photographer work out?

Any information helps!

As far as getting in contact with the WC and people for prices....I reccomend buying a $15 international calling card (you can pick these up at walmart/walgreens) and calling them directly. I am currently working with an Alba, and I call the hotel, ask for the WC and I usually get transferred directly to her extension if she is there.

The number is 809 221 1290 and her ext is 6372. They can be delayed with email responses which, being that it is destination I know can be frustrating.

If any one has any n ew information to share please do!!

#20 EM1003

EM1003
    • 6 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 22, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:12 PM

Hi ladies, 

Question did you guys use a travel agency or do this on your own? how was the booking process? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users