• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:50 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlmostMrsForbes
    I agree with you, Jonathan. I'm getting married at the Riu Ocho Rios, and have decided to hire an outside photog. By the way, Riu ladies, I would consider this - yes, I am paying more (about 2k) but he will be with me all day - and will come with me to my off-site reception, and he is fantastic.

Anyways, I guess I will be the test case because I'm telling Michael and the resort that I'm not paying a breach of contract fee. I'm an attorney - and I write/review contracts everyday. What I do know is that I am not, and have never been, a party to a contract with Michael. His contract is with the Riu - not me. To charge me a "breach of contract fee" - with the alternative being Michael's interruption and sabotaging of pictures is nothing more than extortion. I won't stand for it.

My guess is that when someone stands up to him/them, they'll have back off. The resort is already nickel and diming me for "included" options. There's no way I'm paying this ridiculous fee.

Sorry - I'll get off my soap box ... I just can't believe that they're making people do this.

I plan on doing the same...and I'll be there in April - so I'll let you know how it goes! :)
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#32 jthrasher

jthrasher
    • Banned
    • 486 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AlmostMrsForbes
      I agree with you, Jonathan. I'm getting married at the Riu Ocho Rios, and have decided to hire an outside photog. By the way, Riu ladies, I would consider this - yes, I am paying more (about 2k) but he will be with me all day - and will come with me to my off-site reception, and he is fantastic.

Anyways, I guess I will be the test case because I'm telling Michael and the resort that I'm not paying a breach of contract fee. I'm an attorney - and I write/review contracts everyday. What I do know is that I am not, and have never been, a party to a contract with Michael. His contract is with the Riu - not me. To charge me a "breach of contract fee" - with the alternative being Michael's interruption and sabotaging of pictures is nothing more than extortion. I won't stand for it.

My guess is that when someone stands up to him/them, they'll have back off. The resort is already nickel and diming me for "included" options. There's no way I'm paying this ridiculous fee.

Sorry - I'll get off my soap box ... I just can't believe that they're making people do this.
      Awesome! I hope more brides follow your lead!

#33 Alesha4

Alesha4
      • 86 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

Please let me know how it goes in taking a stand to the "breach of contract" fee. Let me know if it works.

Hopefully my Fiance's friend will attend and take pics as well so I won't have to deal with any "breach" fee, she is just one of the guests taking pics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users