Photo

What Are The Considerations In Choosing Wedding Songs?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Geraldine

Geraldine
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Some couples choose songs that are relevant to their love story while some choose the most romantic songs for them. What are the characteristics of a particular song why you have choosen it? Does the song always have to be mellow or classical?

#2 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
    • 213 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Blau Varadero Cuba
    • LocationCalgary AB Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

My husband chose our first dance song, At Last by Etta James. He is almost 40 and has waited so long to meet the woman of his dreams - ME! We both felt it was fitting, as I have kissed a few frogs in my day too. At Last is pretty much how we both feel! It was perfect, and my mother was crying her eyes out during our dance too, haha. I think the song should be meaningful to both of you, but it doesn't have to be slow or classical or mushy, just as long as you both like it!

#3 LauraM

LauraM
    • 232 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

We haven't picked our first dance song yet but have a couple in mind... we have a mix of country/slow/more up-beat songs. I've chosen all of them because I can picture us dancing our first dance to them when I listen to them and just the thought makes me tear up. It's kind of like with the dress... when you know, you know =)

all the potential songs that don't make it to the official fist dance will be used during the reception. I'll probably be periodically crying for the entire night lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users