• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LindsT

LindsT
  • 15 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

I am newly engaged! We are looking to have our wedding in either Punta Cana or Cancun. Ive been looking...and becoming exceedingly stressed out! I know what I want but can't seem to find it. It's so hard when you can't see these places in person! I originally fell in love with Sanctuary Cap Cana because it looked so beautiful...and a little different when compared to the other resorts. As I researched more, I read bad review after bad review and got turned off by the idea. Ive researched DR more than Cancun but am totally open to either location, if it fits us best! :wub:  :)

Ideally, my fiance and I would love to get married....not on the beach. And actually, reception not on the beach either. We want the views, but not the sand. If any ladies out there could possibly help me or provide some resorts that they enjoyed, I would be forever thankful!  :)

My wedding would be pretty small...probably only 25 people! We are not looking to spend an outrageous amount, and are hoping to find a resort that offers packages, but at the same time doesn't pump out weddings like a factory. Ive been reading the forums and have heard quite a bit of this. Please please please someone help me!!! :(  

Thank you!! 

Lindsay

#2 liz24

liz24
  • 209 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Not sure if it's a top resort but i fell in love with Riu palace riviera maya. We're are having kids at our wedding so we needed a resort that fits everyone's needs.

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

You should check out the DR and Mexico forums on here to read what some of the brides are saying.

Then you can read different resort reviews to see if an area or resort has what you are looking for.

Most of the bigger resort chains that do weddings can offer patios or decks that have water/beach views without being in the sand :)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 LindsT

LindsT
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

Thank you both so much!! 

#5 jwalsh

jwalsh
  • 165 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

@LindsT we're getting married at Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana my TA sent me a few different resorts she recommended I checked reviews on Trip Advisor and I found overall Majestic had the best reviews and it's been a life saver I feel like I'm so ready and have a really good idea what to expect :)  Majestic has a garden and beach gazebo sounds like the garden gazebo might be something you're looking for.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Hi,

Have you contacted TA Patty?

She was just at Majestic in January.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 LindsT

LindsT
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:41 AM

@jwalsh Thank you so much for the info!! I will look into that today  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users