This is what I did...

Originally we were just going to do symbolic bc we didn't want to pay the xtra money, get blood tests or have our certificate in Spanish.

You can go to your local courthouse and get a self uniting certificate. Then at the Mexico ceremony -u, ur hubs, and 2 witnesses sign the certificate. When you get home you mail in a portion of the certificate and u are legally recognized as married the day it was signed :)

The self uniting certificate was only like $80 and we spent about 10 min at the courthouse

This is what I did...

Originally we were just going to do symbolic bc we didn't want to pay the xtra money, get blood tests or have our certificate in Spanish.

You can go to your local courthouse and get a self uniting certificate. Then at the Mexico ceremony -u, ur hubs, and 2 witnesses sign the certificate. When you get home you mail in a portion of the certificate and u are legally recognized as married the day it was signed :)

The self uniting certificate was only like $80 and we spent about 10 min at the courthouse

I don't think this applies to Canadian Brides- just an FYI...at least it never used to. Things may have changed, but there is a lot more legal stuff involved for Canada. (Just in case a Canadian bride is reading this since there are a ton here on BDW)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this applies to Canadian Brides- just an FYI...at least it never used to. Things may have changed, but there is a lot more legal stuff involved for Canada. (Just in case a Canadian bride is reading this since there are a ton here on BDW)

Yeah that doesn't work for Canadian brides (at least not BC ones). I'm getting legally married a couple of weeks before the Mexico wedding. I had to get in touch with a wedding commissioner and she is coming to my house. They don't do the "go to city hall and get hitched" thing like I thought! It's going to work out well because my fiancé's grandparents can't fly anymore so they will get to see us get married anyways.

With that said we are doing the symbolic ceremony in Mexico, but most definitely treating it as our real wedding with the gown and ring exchange, etc.

Getting excited every day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm trying to decide on the reception location.  We're expecting more than 60 guests (probably 80-100) and my wedding coordinator told me Blue restaurant's maximum capacity is 60 but that the beach would allow for a bit more than that.  I also know the ballroom is an option for reception but that would be my last resort. 

Is anyone else having a large wedding at Azul and can provide feedback? Thanks ladies!!!

Hey ladies,

So just wanted to update you all...I hadn't been in touch with my WC for about a month and a half and I thought for sure she was gone, but alas, she lives!! So today, I ordered my invitations and booked DJ Doremixx....PROGRESS!! 8 months to go!! :)

@@ng2015 is dj doremixx through Lomas or is he an outside vendor? We're trying to decide still what we're going to do about the dj. I cant really make a final decision on a location yet til we know for sure how many people are coming. Where are you doing yours?

I'm trying to decide on the reception location. We're expecting more than 60 guests (probably 80-100) and my wedding coordinator told me Blue restaurant's maximum capacity is 60 but that the beach would allow for a bit more than that. I also know the ballroom is an option for reception but that would be my last resort.

Is anyone else having a large wedding at Azul and can provide feedback? Thanks ladies!!!

I was told that we couldn't have a larger group than 50 people including bridal party at Azul Beach- even as a private event. They gave us their other properties as options but said adamantly that azul beach would not be an option!

@KaraEbeth 

DJ Doremixx is not a Lomas vendor so we have to pay the outside vendor fee, however, the way we looked at it was that he's still $400 cheaper than the more expensive Lomas DJ (DJ All Music) even with the outside fee.  Also, we booked playaweddings for photo/video so since they are also an outside vendor it's cheaper to just get a room and put both the DJ's name and the photographers name on it ($1300 as opposed to $1600)...Then we'll just figure out an alternate use for the room since they won't be sleeping there...maybe give it to his brother that has little kids so they can use the additional space. 

I scoured the boards and asked brides on the Azul Beach FB page to figure out who the best DJ was since we can't sample it personally and everyone came back with doremixx...I even asked the photographer since they've been to a ton of weddings :)  (although judging by doremixx's website, you wouldn't really know it cus its outdated)

As for location, right now we're doing ceremony and cocktail on Sky and the reception in Blue Terrace but the reception is contingent on how many people RSVP too. We may have to do the beach for reception if it's more than 70 people.  I just ordered round two of my invites (the first time I ordered invites, I received terrible quality and poor customer service from this one vendor on Etsy and had to call my CC company to get my money back, so this time I went with a storefront company...papersnaps.com and did their all-in-one) I also made sure to get samples first and ask for a hard copy proof first. I'm currently waiting for the hardcopy but the e-proof looked beautiful and I'm so excited! I'll try to post pics when I get them. Soooo, looping back around to the original question :) we'll have a better idea of #'s when we send the invites out in the next few weeks. 

What about you, what are your plans?

@@ng2015 you are making progress! I haven't gotten any further in my plans than the photographer lol. The other photog that I originally wanted to go with emailed me on Friday with his new contract (still wrong) not even acknowledging that it's been over a month since I've heard from him....um sorry dude you're unreliable I went with someone else! Anyways, I am still debating on location for reception. We invited 37 people there but so far the only people that put down their deposit are my fiancés mom, stepdad, and brother and both sets of my parents...it's kind of annoying because i would like to decide on a location but can't really until I know more a number lol. I like the idea of a beach BBQ but you have to worry a lot more about lighting with that since there aren't any overhead so I think I may go with Chill Terrace (I think that's the one that holds around 30). I am also still undecided on a DJ. It's an added expense I really don't want to pay for but I am afraid if I do just the iPod hookup ppl won't dance. I will definitely check out DJDoremixx though! Whew- decisions, decisions. We are having a party a couple months after we return too so I've been stressing about centerpieces and details for that too. I'm trying to compromise since my fiancé wanted a party when we return but it would be easier if we just did everything at the resort lol.

I also received an email today from Andrea my new coordinator with Lomas. Not sure what happened to Carol but she is no longer my WC apparently so glad I didn't email her!

@@KaraEbeth I think Chill is a great option too!! I understand your apprehension about just the Ipod but maybe you can designate an upbeat friend to do all the announcements and coax people to dance. As for your new wedding coordinator, taking a page out of talicea's book, make sure to ask for your wedding worksheet just to make sure that they have everything that you've asked for.