47 replies to this topic

#41 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
  • 228 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Has anyone gotten group quotes for their guests yet? :o

Here are a few pics from my site visit: Standard room, jacuzzi (can do cocktail hour here), pool deck (not the terrace, which is where you enter the pool, this is where the infinity pool empties and is next to the sand), and the gazebo

Attached File  IMG_2729.JPG   75.49KB   4 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2791.JPG   132.35KB   4 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2792.JPG   116.8KB   4 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2823.JPG   68.1KB   4 downloads

#42 omontes

omontes
  • Vendor
  • 187 posts
    • LocationCancun

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

Hi ladies!

We hope you had a great weekend, we're so happy to write for you on this topic, please take a look at our photography work:

http://www.OctavioMontes.com

Attached File  _A5A0626.JPG   248.85KB   3 downloads

#43 shelikespink

shelikespink
    • 80 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Mexico
    • LocationToronto

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

Hi @nattiegams325

Would you be able to send me the info you have from Dreams? I'm in the same boat as you, having a hard time deciding which resort to go with..

#44 ASAtobe

ASAtobe
    • 75 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Cancun Mexico

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

The packages at Moon do offer more, I think, but we chose Dreams Riviera Cancun because Moon was WAY too big for us and my family loves the beach and Moon's beach was unswimmable. For wedding ceremony you can do the beach (North or South beach, pretty private compared to other beach locations at other resorts) or the Gazebo which is next to the pool, but they push the pool chairs away from the ceremony site and everyone was very respecful from the two weddings we saw there. I saw pics from a wedding there where they put up dividers between the pool and gazebo (not sure if they still offer this as this was in 2009). In the brochure, they said you could also have the ceremony on the lobby stairs which looked beautiful but during the tour they didn't mention it, not sure if it's still available.

We're going with the Ultimate package. It covers 20 people and everyone else is extra depending on which menu you choose. Ultimate package includes the gold menu, you can upgrade to platinum if you wish. Dinner can be buffet or plated. Cocktail hour and reception can be anywhere you want. Pool deck (next to sand) or pool terrace (next to pool), around one of the jacuzzis, by the spa, restaurants (extra fee depending on which restaurant), and beach. Decor is 100% customizable. You can give them pics and they will create it for you within your budget or quote you if you want to upgrade.

They have 2 weddings a day max. Tables can be anything you want (square, circle, rectangle, set up whichever you want) as well as colors. There are so many options it's crazy.

If you (or anyone!) wants the latest price list, send me your email and I'll forward it! I do have pics but not sure how to upload them...do I have to post them to like a blog first??

Did you think that Dreams seemed like a good party atmosphere? My whole group is pretty much between 21-30 besides our parents and aunts and uncles! We want somewhere that we can really have a good time day and night? We have been looking at Hard Rock since that seems to offer a good night life too. Also could you send me the latest price list gmail.com'>aylanickens@gmail.com. Thank you!

#45 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Did you think that Dreams seemed like a good party atmosphere? My whole group is pretty much between 21-30 besides our parents and aunts and uncles! We want somewhere that we can really have a good time day and night? We have been looking at Hard Rock since that seems to offer a good night life too. Also could you send me the latest price list .com"]aylanickens@gmail.com. Thank you!

My TA said Beach palace is a hopping place at night as well as it's right in the centre of Cancun and caters to a more lively crowd while having amazing amenities for weddings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#46 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
    • 228 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

Dreams Riviera Cancun is definitely not a party hotel. You're better off staying at a hotel in Cancun or Playa del Carmen if you're looking for nightlife. The fact that DRC isn't a party hotel is actually one of the things I liked most about it :-) So I wouldn't recommend it if that's what you're looking for! Good luck planning and congrats!

Did you think that Dreams seemed like a good party atmosphere? My whole group is pretty much between 21-30 besides our parents and aunts and uncles! We want somewhere that we can really have a good time day and night? We have been looking at Hard Rock since that seems to offer a good night life too. Also could you send me the latest price list .com"]aylanickens@gmail.com. Thank you!

#47 Pitita

Pitita
    • 19 posts
      • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Hi ladies, I am planning to get married in Mexico 2015, i have 3 friends that are getting married at the end of 2014. We went to Mexico and looked at tons of resorts and met with wedding planers. I am in the process of creating a spreadsheet with pictures and info from all the resorts. My email is lanaaksman1@gmail.com feel free to email me and I will forward you my spreadsheet when I am done with it. I am in between a few hotels but leaning toward paradisus la perla.

Hi! I was wondering if you have the spreadsheet with the info. If u can email it at pattysmartin@gmail.com i'd really appreciate it. Thanks and congrats!

The packages at Moon do offer more, I think, but we chose Dreams Riviera Cancun because Moon was WAY too big for us and my family loves the beach and Moon's beach was unswimmable. For wedding ceremony you can do the beach (North or South beach, pretty private compared to other beach locations at other resorts) or the Gazebo which is next to the pool, but they push the pool chairs away from the ceremony site and everyone was very respecful from the two weddings we saw there. I saw pics from a wedding there where they put up dividers between the pool and gazebo (not sure if they still offer this as this was in 2009). In the brochure, they said you could also have the ceremony on the lobby stairs which looked beautiful but during the tour they didn't mention it, not sure if it's still available.

We're going with the Ultimate package. It covers 20 people and everyone else is extra depending on which menu you choose. Ultimate package includes the gold menu, you can upgrade to platinum if you wish. Dinner can be buffet or plated. Cocktail hour and reception can be anywhere you want. Pool deck (next to sand) or pool terrace (next to pool), around one of the jacuzzis, by the spa, restaurants (extra fee depending on which restaurant), and beach. Decor is 100% customizable. You can give them pics and they will create it for you within your budget or quote you if you want to upgrade.

They have 2 weddings a day max. Tables can be anything you want (square, circle, rectangle, set up whichever you want) as well as colors. There are so many options it's crazy.

If you (or anyone!) wants the latest price list, send me your email and I'll forward it! I do have pics but not sure how to upload them...do I have to post them to like a blog first??

Hello! Could you please send me the price list for the Dreams Cancun?
      My rmail is pattysmartin@gmail.com.
      thank you :)

Dreams Riviera Cancun is definitely not a party hotel. You're better off staying at a hotel in Cancun or Playa del Carmen if you're looking for nightlife. The fact that DRC isn't a party hotel is actually one of the things I liked most about it :-) So I wouldn't recommend it if that's what you're looking for! Good luck planning and congrats!

Hi again? How's is the beach at the Dreams. I've heard the beach is not that good. Let me know when u have a chance. Im going next month and still trying to figure out the hotels :(

#48 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
      • 288 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Bavaro Resorts & Spa- Punta Cana, DR
      • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

Congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users