• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tbasgall

• 152 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

My mom and I are going back and forth about whether or not I should have a card box at our wedding. I never thought people would bring gifts to a destination wedding due to the expense of just getting there. Did any of you receive gifts or cards at your wedding?

#2 misbosox

• 294 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
    • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Great question I am also wondering about this. I just got back from a destination wedding and we gave the couple a card. However, didn't see anyone else do so. Not sure if everyone did in private or not at all

#3 julikam

• 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

We had our wedding two weeks ago and used a lobster trap to collect cards. About half of our guests ended up handing the cards to my husband. We only had one guest bring a gift. If you plan to have a gift table make sure it is a safe location where someone wouldn't run off with it. The lobster trap was a great way to make it difficult for cards to walk away. Perhaps a pretty bag you carry for cards might be a good option too. Good luck!

#4 babystace1985

• 155 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Great point. I don't want to look presumptious by walking around with a bag at my DW so I think I'll just entrust one of my bridesmaids with card collecting duty lol If I get one I'll give it to her and she'll put them away for us.
        Those who matter don't mind. Those who mind don't matter. -Dr. Seuss

#5 jordanw0613

• 75 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

good question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users