Photo

For my past and planning African American brides who plan to wear or wore their own hair.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#51 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

Another natural bride here! I was super worried about my hair, because I have long dreadlocs, but luckily, my wedding planner has a stylist who can do my hair. :thewave: There are some great natural wedding styles on Pinterest, but another great option is Offbeat bride. They have two posts covering natural hairstyles for black brides. Munaluchi bride is also fantastic for inspiration. There's also a fantastic FB group called Black Women with Real Hair that posts many different natural styles daily, as well as hair care tips. Thank you so much to the OP for starting this thread! While I certainly am a big supporter of brides however they wear their hair, it's nice to see other AA celebrating their natural curls.

#52 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
    • 211 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

Do you guys have most of your things in place , found? Or purchased for your big day?

Not at all. I have several list. I have list for things I need to do, things I need to purchase, and so forth. For the most part I think I've paid or put deposits on the major stuff except our reception venue. Still working that out.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

April 12, 2014

#53 shugapop1

shugapop1
      • 868 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TuffLuv 

Not at all. I have several list. I have list for things I need to do, things I need to purchase, and so forth. For the most part I think I've paid or put deposits on the major stuff except our reception venue. Still working that out.

you are doing great. i have most of deposits out of the way. just paying down things and have to pay reception as well. I've got quite a bit of my things done, heres my list of completed things

dress

shoes/accessories

girls dresses/accessories

oot bags for my wedding party(only)

gift bags for guests and most items

passport

disposable custom wedding cameras

items for my oot bags for my wedding party

std(mailed out)

wedding invitations

door hangers for gift bags

feather fan bouquets for girls

probably a few things i've forgotten, lo

did you have any ideas that you needed help with(not that i'm a wedding guru) but i am the queen of frugality, lmao

#54 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
        • 211 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

you are doing great. i have most of deposits out of the way. just paying down things and have to pay reception as well. I've got quite a bit of my things done, heres my list of completed things dress shoes/accessories girls dresses/accessories oot bags for my wedding party(only) gift bags for guests and most items passport disposable custom wedding cameras items for my oot bags for my wedding party std(mailed out) wedding invitations door hangers for gift bags feather fan bouquets for girls probably a few things i've forgotten, lo did you have any ideas that you needed help with(not that i'm a wedding guru) but i am the queen of frugality, lmao

Good stuff shugapop1. I definitely appreciate any and all help I can get. When I think of things I need help with I will definitely let you know. Thank you again. I truly would be lost without this site.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#55 shugapop1

shugapop1
          • 868 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Good stuff shugapop1. I definitely appreciate any and all help I can get. When I think of things I need help with I will definitely let you know. Thank you again. I truly would be lost without this site.

This site helped me out sooo much.. what are your colors

#56 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
            • 211 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

This site helped me out sooo much.. what are your colors

Me 2. Our colors are black, white, and I'm not sure what color to call the blue but it's darker than teal. I'll try and find a pic of the color.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#57 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
              • 211 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

Another natural bride here! I was super worried about my hair, because I have long dreadlocs, but luckily, my wedding planner has a stylist who can do my hair. :thewave: There are some great natural wedding styles on Pinterest, but another great option is Offbeat bride. They have two posts covering natural hairstyles for black brides. Munaluchi bride is also fantastic for inspiration. There's also a fantastic FB group called Black Women with Real Hair that posts many different natural styles daily, as well as hair care tips. Thank you so much to the OP for starting this thread! While I certainly am a big supporter of brides however they wear their hair, it's nice to see other AA celebrating their natural curls.

Thanks brownsugarbride I will definitely check out the sites you mentioned. Honestly, my biggest worry is finding someone to do my hair beautifully and how I want it more than how I want to wear my hair.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#58 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
                • 187 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Do you guys have most of your things in place , found? Or purchased for your big day?

Heck no! I have some things in place. I got the STD done and I intend on getting them in the mail this week. So that will be one big project out of the way. On to invitations :)... I am also trying to confirm my ceremony and reception venues with the resort, hopefully we will get that out of the way this week too. I'm looking forward to working on welcome and OOT bags, but that's pretty far into the future.

It is nice having other natural brides to talk hair with. I usually talk hair with some natural girls on other forums... But wedding natural hair talk is much different. :) I still often find myself wanting to wear straight styles... I'm just not sure how I want to wear my hair for the wedding.

you are doing great. i have most of deposits out of the way. just paying down things and have to pay reception as well. I've got quite a bit of my things done, heres my list of completed things dress shoes/accessories girls dresses/accessories oot bags for my wedding party(only) gift bags for guests and most items passport disposable custom wedding cameras items for my oot bags for my wedding party std(mailed out) wedding invitations door hangers for gift bags feather fan bouquets for girls probably a few things i've forgotten, lo did you have any ideas that you needed help with(not that i'm a wedding guru) but i am the queen of frugality, lmao

Frugality?!?! We are gonna be best buds... I need some help trimming the fat out of my budget lol

#59 shugapop1

shugapop1
                  • 868 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Me 2. Our colors are black, white, and I'm not sure what color to call the blue but it's darker than teal. I'll try and find a pic of the color.

Perfect. My colors are fucshia, tangerine, and yellow

#60 kay2015

kay2015
                    • 222 posts
                    • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
                    • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
                    • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Has one thought of the idea of Having a meeting with the people who are attending (if possible) the day before you leave an hand the welcome bags out then? I'm just thinking of ways that will cut back on bring soo much down if possibe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users