Photo

For my past and planning African American brides who plan to wear or wore their own hair.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Who did you use to style your hair? I really want to wear my own hair (as opposed to weave) but I'm skeptical of the resort stylist. Has anyone had any good experiences with a stylist in the DR? If so, who? Where are they located? And if possible can you post pics. For my planning brides, have you figured out who you will use to style your hair? HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

April 12, 2014

#2 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
    • 187 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

Are you natural or relaxed? 

#3 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
      • 381 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

I'm trying to figure this out as well. I'm relaxed with a pixie cut. The only reason I'm considering extensions is because I would like to do an underwater TTD doing a mermaid like pose. I've been trying to find pics of an AA bride doing an underwater TTD shoot for ideas...however I've been unsuccessful. I'm a MX bride but as of this post I plan to have the extensions added by my stylist then having the resort do a simple but elegant pin curl style.

#4 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
        • 211 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Are you natural or relaxed? 

I'm natural

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#5 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
          • 187 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

I'm natural too... have you picked any styles? I've had my hair done while being on the resort, I was at Dreams Punta Cana. I didn't have any issues. I also had a braided style so, that's alot different than say, an up do. I haven't even thought about how or what I want to do to my hair. How good are you at styling your own hair? what about your bridesmaids?

#6 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
            • 211 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

I'm natural too... have you picked any styles? I've had my hair done while being on the resort, I was at Dreams Punta Cana. I didn't have any issues. I also had a braided style so, that's alot different than say, an up do. I haven't even thought about how or what I want to do to my hair. How good are you at styling your own hair? what about your bridesmaids?

I get Dominican blowouts from time to time so I asked my stylist who does them and she said I shouldn't have any problems getting my hair styled the way I want even by resort stylist. I'm just a little apprehensive leaving something so major up to chance. I’m not having any bridesmaids and the female guest attending the wedding could probably fix but not do my hair (for the wedding). Yes, I know how I want my hair. I'll try and post a pic shortly.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#7 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
              • 187 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TuffLuv 

Quote:

I get Dominican blowouts from time to time so I asked my stylist who does them and she said I shouldn't have any problems getting my hair styled the way I want even by resort stylist. I'm just a little apprehensive leaving something so major up to chance. I’m not having any bridesmaids and the female guest attending the wedding could probably fix but not do my hair (for the wedding). Yes, I know how I want my hair. I'll try and post a pic shortly.

I think you should be ok. Dominicans have hair really close to AA hair. So I think you should be ok. I know that you don't want to leave it up to chance, but I think you'll be fine. After all... you could get a real authentic Dominican blowout :)

#8 RandL2015

RandL2015
                • Site Supporter
                • 260 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 26, 2015
                • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay Jamaica
                • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Love this thread!! I have shoulder length relaxed hair, but when I travel, I put it cornrows. However, I didn't want to wear cornrows for my wedding. Anxious to see what other brides will do.

#9 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
                • 187 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

I don't know if you girls frequent any natural hair forums... but I know that Curly Nikki has a few bridal, natural hair posts. I still don't know how I want to wear my hair. As soon as I am over 150 posts I will post some pictures of some styles.

#10 shugapop1

shugapop1
                  • 868 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Quote:

I don't know if you girls frequent any natural hair forums... but I know that Curly Nikki has a few bridal, natural hair posts. I still don't know how I want to wear my hair. As soon as I am over 150 posts I will post some pictures of some styles.

i have shoulder length natural hair and i have no idea what i'm going to do, i'm considering weave(WHICH I REALLY DON'T WANT) only because of unsure of stylist there as well as humidty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users