Photo

For my past and planning African American brides who plan to wear or wore their own hair.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#11 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shugapop1 

i have shoulder length natural hair and i have no idea what i'm going to do, i'm considering weave(WHICH I REALLY DON'T WANT) only because of unsure of stylist there as well as humidty

You're natural too!!! hey boo... lol Don't do the weave. don't do it! You know... I have this small philosophy. I know that our idea of what looks beautiful has been jaded with the idea that in order for your hair to look well kept it needs to be straight. You're natural, whether your transistioned or BC'ed you went through the trouble to treat your scalp and hair better. Don't falter for one day because you want yourself to look a certain way... especially if every other day you don't look that way. (that came out way judgemental, I hope ya'll can read between the lines)

I'm getting more and more comfortable with my natural hair. I just haven't decided on a style. For those of us getting married during the summer there's rain, and lots of humidity to contend with. It makes no sense to try to work against that. It will just spell trouble for our hair and stress us WAY out. I say... work with the humidity and try to find something you're comfortable with.

Easier said than done... We'll make it, though. Perhaps we can share natural style ideas. Anyone thinking big fro-y twist out?!?

#12 shugapop1

shugapop1
    • 868 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

You're natural too!!! hey boo... lol Don't do the weave. don't do it! You know... I have this small philosophy. I know that our idea of what looks beautiful has been jaded with the idea that in order for your hair to look well kept it needs to be straight. You're natural, whether your transistioned or BC'ed you went through the trouble to treat your scalp and hair better. Don't falter for one day because you want yourself to look a certain way... especially if every other day you don't look that way. (that came out way judgemental, I hope ya'll can read between the lines) I'm getting more and more comfortable with my natural hair. I just haven't decided on a style. For those of us getting married during the summer there's rain, and lots of humidity to contend with. It makes no sense to try to work against that. It will just spell trouble for our hair and stress us WAY out. I say... work with the humidity and try to find something you're comfortable with. Easier said than done... We'll make it, though. Perhaps we can share natural style ideas. Anyone thinking big fro-y twist out?!?

Now you said that sista

#13 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
      • 187 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

:pinkie:xoxo

#14 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
        • 211 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

I know how I want to wear my hair and I know I absolutely do NOT want to wear weave. I'm also natural, my hair falls to the top my bra strap. I'm trying to get about 4 more inches by April. I wanted to post a pic of how I want my hair but realized I'm no where near the 150 post :eek:. I know everyone is saying we shouldn't worry b/c Dominican hair is similar to ours. However, we can't assume all Dominican stylist know how to do hair just like not all AA stylist know how to do hair. Decisions, decisions......

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

April 12, 2014

#15 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
          • 211 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

I don't know if you girls frequent any natural hair forums... but I know that Curly Nikki has a few bridal, natural hair posts. I still don't know how I want to wear my hair. As soon as I am over 150 posts I will post some pictures of some styles.

I've heard of this forum but never visited it. I'm going to check it out. Thanks MrsPeel2B

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#16 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
            • 187 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TuffLuv 

I know how I want to wear my hair and I know I absolutely do NOT want to wear weave. I'm also natural, my hair falls to the top my bra strap. I'm trying to get about 4 more inches by April. I wanted to post a pic of how I want my hair but realized I'm no where near the 150 post :eek:. I know everyone is saying we shouldn't worry b/c Dominican hair is similar to ours. However, we can't assume all Dominican stylist know how to do hair just like not all AA stylist know how to do hair. Decisions, decisions......

SO true!!! I feel that you'll be fine. Just tell them to watch it with the heat... they get a little excited, which we all know can spell trouble for our hair.

#17 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
              • 211 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

Thanks MrsPeele2B, I honestly think I'll be okay, I'm just a worrier by nature especially about things I can't control. Ridiculous I know. The hairstyle I want is soooo simple 2. I'm going to post a pic in a few seconds.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#18 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
                • 211 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

Okay, so I went through found a few hair pics and now I can't post them. I forgot my work computer doesn't give me the advance options when posting or replying like my home computer does. So needless to say, I will post pics when I'm off, later this evening.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#19 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
                  • 187 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

OK... I'll be here :)

#20 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
                    • 211 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

Coolbeans. I will say all the pics are very similar but your opinion would be appreciated.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users