Sign in to follow this  
Cherie

Renting the Disco

Hmmm...for some reason, I didn't even think about staying at the Plantation for the full 4 hours. I knew it was available, but didn't think of it. Now that I'm hearing all of your responses, I'm wondering if maybe I should do that instead of 2 hours there and 2 hours at the discohuh.gif

What time is your wedding/reception? You can always do 4 hours at the Plantation and then go to the disco for free. It opens at 11 and one night we went at 11 and the wedding party stayed and partied with everyone else anyway. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
What time is your wedding/reception? You can always do 4 hours at the Plantation and then go to the disco for free. It opens at 11 and one night we went at 11 and the wedding party stayed and partied with everyone else anyway. Just a thought.
Good idea, Jamy! My reception starts at 6:30, so if I had the Plantation for 4 hours, then it would be over right in time for the disco!

I'm going to talk to FI about just staying at the Plantation for 4 hours. I know it's a little more expensive but it would be nice.

Do we know for sure if the DJ is extra or if the $1,000 includes him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago88 View Post
I'm going to talk to FI about just staying at the Plantation for 4 hours. I know it's a little more expensive but it would be nice.

Do we know for sure if the DJ is extra or if the $1,000 includes him?
Chicago88,The dj is definitely extra. 150 per hour. So you would be looking at 600 for the DJ and 10 per person for the open bar.

We have rented the plantation for 4 hours as well. Chandlyn says there is lots of room for dancing there so I thought it would be better then moving to the disco. That way you get to enjoy your reception set up a little longer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenmaat View Post
Chicago88,The dj is definitely extra. 150 per hour. So you would be looking at 600 for the DJ and 10 per person for the open bar.
Ok, thanks!! I'll have to think about it...

Hello,

Thanks for the great response girls! I knew I could count on you!!

My wedding is at 4:30 pm, and the dinner at the Plantation starts at 7-9. If I cancel the disco (which I already had the DJ hired for), and moved the reception to the Plantation, I think that would solve all my problems. I'm not really sure I would like to pay $10 pp for the open bar though. That is kind of stretching the budget. Approximately $1800 for four hours including DJ, open bar, and rental of Plantation. Does that sound right? I don't have much time to decide! The wedding is in less than three months!smile41.gif

Hello,

Thanks for the great response girls! I knew I could count on you!!

My wedding is at 4:30 pm, and the dinner at the Plantation starts at 7-9. If I cancel the disco (which I already had the DJ hired for), and moved the reception to the Plantation, I think that would solve all my problems. I'm not really sure I would like to pay $10 pp for the open bar though. That is kind of stretching the budget. Approximately $1800 for four hours including DJ, open bar, and rental of Plantation. Does that sound right? I don't have much time to decide! The wedding is in less than three months!smile41.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenmaat View Post
Ladies, The last time I spoke with Chandlyn, she told me that the dj was included. She quoted 2 hours is $500.00 or 4 hours at $1000.00, dinner & dancing included.